“Not so fresh 😝”
Review of Panera Bread

Panera Bread
Ranked #70 of 218 Restaurants in Pasadena
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Description: From focusing on quality, clean ingredients to serving our food to you in a warm and welcoming environment, Panera Bread is committed to being an ally to our guests. That means crafting a menu of soups, salads and sandwiches that we are proud to feed our families. You don't have to compromise to eat well. Whether you want to come in and enjoy a coffee and our complimentary Wi-Fi , or order online using Rapid Pick-Up so you can grab something quickly, Panera Bread Pasadena is here with warmth and welcome. Panera Bread. Food as it should be.
Reviewed June 21, 2018 via mobile

I had been wanting to try Panera Bread for years, but being the penny pincher that I am, I couldn't justify spending so much money on a salad or sandwich, and it's not the type of place I would ask my husband to take me out on a date to, so I just assumed that I would never get to try it. Then, yesterday, some suppliers bought everyone lunch from Panera Bread. I was so excited! I chose the strawberry poppy seed salad. It was beautiful. I dont think I had ever seen such a beautiful salad. It was colorful with bright red strawberries, ripe blueberries, mandarin oranges, nuts, pineapple...just so pretty and it came with a piece of crusty French bread and a cranberry-oatmeal raisin cookie. I poured a cup of "sweet" tea, but found out the suppliers had ordered sweet but there was unsweet in the sweet bottles?? Hmmmmmm....ok, no biggie. The salad looked great. Before tasting the dressing, I decided to trust the recipe creators of Panera Bread and pour it all over my salad. I tossed it around a bit and took a bite. Omg the dressing was . It literally tasted like they had mixed water and cornstarch with splenda and threw a bunch of poppy seeds in it. I do NOT like the taste of artificial sweeteners so this was pretty dang bad. I thought....mmmmk, I learned my lesson with the dressing thing, I'll just eat the salad and try to ignore the dressing, until I started seeing all of the brown mushy pieces of lettuce. Oh Lord, seriously? So, first it was the sweet tea mix up, then the dressing, now the mush lettuce. So, I moved on to the bread. I love French baguettes and this was pretty good. Then, I ate my cookie which was ok. I like the cookies at Kroger more, but it was ok. Just seemed like it had a lot of fillers and preservatives in it. I guess what bothers me so much is that they consistently boast about freshness and oh so clean and fresh and natural, but everything except for the bread tasted so plastic and yuk with a tone of preservatives and artificial sweeteners. It was just so much of a disappointment. So.....not dogging on all Panera Breads, and certainly not complaining about a free meal and I am absolutely grateful. This is merely my experience with my very first Panera Bread meal.....it was not what I thought and goes to show....looks can be deceiving, or even don't judge a book by its cover and all those little sayings of wisdom. I think I will just continue making salads using the pictures of the Panera Bread salads as a guide.

Reviewed March 11, 2018 via mobile

This Panera is a wonderful choice for lunch. The restaurant is clean, spacious and nicely appointed. You are greeted at the door, which is very nice. Great selection of soups, sandwiches, salads and dessert. I chose the turkey avocado BLT and my sister had the turkey, apple and cheese sandwich. Great chips. Wonderful side salad. We were offered a dessert for an additional 99 cents and chose a bear claw. Filled with lovely almond paste. The drinks are wide in selection: lots of varieties of coffee , hot or iced tea, and smoothies. The mango smoothie is delightful. If you select one of their many ice teas, try a little bit of several offered as some of them are intense in flavor or tartness.

Reviewed March 6, 2017

Took advantage of the overnight ordering system of bread but when I arrived at the store at the correct time to pick up the order I was informed all bread had been sold except half of my order When I inquired farther as I had already paid for the order I was told it was sold what do you want us to do? After asking for and meeting the manager on duty he said he was sorry but the order was sold. Would I like a roll instead? No thank you but I would like for you to offer a refund. He did just that. Not a good experience. Waste of time.

Reviewed August 30, 2016

Came in for a quick meeting and enjoyed the pastries and good up of coffee! Service was good and quick

Reviewed June 23, 2016 via mobile

Picked up sandwich & salad for dinner. Food always good , quick good prices. Close on way home from work .Go here at least twice A month.