“Good”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed August 8, 2018 via mobile

Pappadeaux is consistently good. The new dishes are tasty but sometimes on the menu for a really short time; too short. The regular items are good as well. Service is polite but sometimes the hostesses can't decide who will be the one seating you.
Overall, this resturant is one if our regular spots.

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

My children are good eaters but have to be convinced to try new things. It smelled so go inside my six year old even tried the scary lobster The fish is always perfectly cooked and seasoned. One of my favorite places to eat in the valley

Reviewed July 23, 2018

Was in town for business and stopped in as a party of 3 on Tuesday evening around 7pm (7/17/18) and were immediately seated. Our table was on the outer section, next to the glass wall. I’m not sure if it was where we were seated, or just the overall place, but it was very loud in the restaurant. (Had experienced this on a prior visit 1 ½ years before.) I often felt like I had to raise my voice to be heard with my co-workers, or have to cup my ear to be able to drown out the noise from other guests and listen to others at the table.

All the noise aside, this is a great place to eat if you like seafood. The service is wonderful, but this is not a cheap place to eat. Most entrées run $20-30 and some of the premier items are $35-40. But, your service will be WAY better than the $10-20 entrée spots in town. The food is good though!!

I don’t recall the name of our waiter, but he had great recommendations for us and we were all pleased with our selections. I had the tilapia with shrimp and crab. It was great, even if a little buttery. Likewise on a co-workers pasta dish, lots of butter or oils being used. Another had a shrimp dish and enjoyed it. We enjoyed the seafood eggrolls which were good with a little zip.

ABOVE AND BEYOND – so we had two instances where we felt our waiter went above and beyond. First, we were so full from the wonderful meal, there was no way we could eat desert. Our waiter had asked what we’d lean toward for desert, but we politely said “oh, we are just too full.” Well, since this was the first experience at Pappadeaux for one of those in our group, the waiter still brought us a chocolate cake and a cheesecake to go so he’d be able to have the full experience! So after a little more conversation and travel back to hotel, we were able to enjoy just a few bites of the desert which was pretty good. But we were still so full!

But probably most importantly, when we exited the restaurant, my co-worker had left his credit card behind. The waiter came running out to our vehicle just as we were backing out from the parking space. This was MUCH appreciated and saved a lot of hassle of cancelling a card, etc. While I meant to call later and speak to the manager and commend this young man, I didn’t have time. Regardless, please know those efforts were well noticed.

Thanks for a great meal and I’m sure we will be back!

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

Went during Happy Hour so shared the shrimp and crawdad fondue. It really is excellent. The margaritas had a little too much lime for our taste but they were refreshing. I had the halibut and Spanish Octupus served with butternut squash and hazelnuts. It was to die for. Halibut was flaky and moist and octupus was on so tender. My husband had an order of fried calendar and seafood with andoulle sausage gumbo. It was not hot enough so had to send it back
This would have been a 5 star except for the fact that we waited quite some time between ordering our drinks and the waitress coming back to take our order. Could totally understand if they were packed but that was not the case. The waitress did come to ask if our food was ok and did take the gumbo to get it heated up. So my husband appreciated that. He said it had wonderful flavor.

Reviewed June 17, 2018 via mobile

Service was wonderful...server was knowledgeable in all things menu, friendly and genuinely happy to have us there. I ordered the lobster bisque on his advice and was happy I did...delicious..luscious..chunks of lobster and no bitter alcohol taste... My main entree was the salmon with shrimp and scallops...although the plate was served cold, they quickly heated it up on the grill... Desert and coffee wonderfully delicious... Overall...highly recommended...they cater to larger groups as well... This place just became my favorite place in the US... We need one in Miami!!!
Happy eating everyone!#

Been to Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen? Share your experiences!