All reviews in town indoor pool waffles nice hotel small pillows the breakfast area hot tub short stay would stay here again thumbs cereal microwave interstate mattress
Reviewed November 30, 2015

I was so impressed by our stay at Comfort Suites Plainview. I called a few hours before I needed a room, and found the front desk clerk to be very helpful. We needed to book 2 queen suites, as we were traveling with another family and we each have children and needed the additional bed and fold out couch. The price was very low, and I assumed that the stay would not be nice. We didn't have any choice, I had been unable to find available queen suites in Amarillo or Lubbock and we needed to stop due to bad weather. We were pleasantly surprised by our stay. The beds were nice, with many firm & soft pillows to choose from. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The desk clerk was very friendly, and made sure our 2 rooms were close to each other. Breakfast was good, and free. Comfort suites will be our regular stop on long road trips from now on.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank meierfamily_roadtrip
Reviewed October 25, 2015 via mobile

First off, great beds. Enjoyed a roomy King-size with a pillow top mattress. Had a great nights sleep.

The hotel itself is a little dated, but so is Plainview, so it doesn't stand out as old or anything. The receptionists were very nice, and the parking is conveniently close to the entrance. I didn't make it to the breakfast, so I can't comment on that. All in all, a comfortable stay with no complaints.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed October 11, 2015

In summary:

This hotel knowingly gave us a room with a bad noise problem. They were not fully booked and could easily have given us a different room. When I confronted them about that, they tried to blame us for having somehow specifically booked that room for a cheaper rate. (Yes, I did get a senior rate, but have the confirmation to proof that we were, otherwise, actually supposed to have gotten one of the better furnished rooms.)

Here are the details:

We stayed in room 210. Went to bed around midnight and was woken up a few minutes after 3:00 AM by a loud, thumping, churning, machinery type noise coming through the wall against our bed's headboard. I went outside to investigate, wondering what could be going on in the next room to cause such a racket. Turns out there's just a shallow utility closet next door with what looked like a covered chute for garbage disposal, and the noise was coming from somewhere deeper. Went downstairs to complain, and the lady on duty first didn't seem to understand what I was talking about, but when I brought her to the room to listen for herself finally said that "Oh yes", it has something to do with a water heater. I told her it was ridiculous that it should be allowed to come on like that in the middle of the night and to please get it turned off. The noise stopped about 20 minutes later, and I tried to get back to sleep thinking I could maybe still get another 2-3 hours out of it. The noise came back on around 5:15 AM!!! I gave up on the sleep, started to get ready for breakfast and an early departure, and demanded to see the manager. When an assistant manager finally showed up, it became clear that it was a known problem when he explained (as if somehow it justified the situation) that it started happening about 6 months ago when work was done on the water heater. I then asked if they were fully booked the night before. They were not, which begs the question why we were given that room to start with. When confronted, the assistant manager tried to give me the song and dance that somehow we reserved that particular room at a lower rate. Well, enough said.

In conclusion:

What we experienced clearly indicates that the management of this hotel has a callous attitude towards its customers and is, to say the least, not traveler friendly. I got blank stares when I asked how, in these days of social media and information sharing, they expected to get away with such poor business behavior and attitude. So, I hope you'll heed this warning and choose to NOT book with this establishment. Please send me an email to that effect at againstpoorbusinessattitude@gmail.com if you do opt to stay away, as I intend to follow up with Comfort Suites at the corporate level on this matter. Just to be clear, my complaint is with this hotel specifically; we have had good impressions of Comfort Suites we stayed with at other locations. Maybe, by working together, we can help ensure that this bad apple does not end up spoiling the barrel.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Johnson N
Reviewed September 9, 2015

We were checking in here on a Saturday afternoon with just enough time to change and head to a small town for a wedding. Unfortunately, even though it was after 3pm, the staff was scrambling to get rooms ready due to a football team that stayed well past checkout time. Many guests were waiting in the lobby for an available room, but after explaining our situation and time crunch, the staff member at the desk gave us the first available room so we could make it to the wedding on time. She was very helpful and accommodating! The rooms were a bit older, but definitely clean and spacious. No complaints from us on those. The hotel is located right off the highway and has easy access to many restuarants on the main road through Plainview. It also had free wifi.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BarryBroughton
Reviewed June 7, 2015

Overall, the room was clean. Housekeeping does a very good job, if not excellent. What is out of their hands, I'm sure, is taking care of the upholstery of the sofas. The sofa in our room was disgusting. It had what looked like makeup stains, drink and food stains, and other stains that might have been of a "romantic" nature. Breakfast was hot, but the eggs were watery and tasted a little bitter. Did not eat but 2 bites. The toast was better. The mattresses were not comfy. You could feel the coils. Staff was very nice.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family