“Small room, not a suite as advertised”

Comfort Suites Plainview
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Plainview
Reviewed 30 May 2016

Very small room, and was not what we had booked. I've stayed at many Comfort Suites hotels. They all offer a seating area with a loveseat (which folds out into a bed) with a coffee table. This room did not have that. The only seating was an office chair and small desk squeezed into the very corner of the room.

When I complained about the size of the room, the desk clerk first said, "when you book room 210 online we give you a $10 discount because of the small size." I did NOT book that room. I booked a room explicitly described as "1 King Bed, Suite, 3 persons maximum occupancy." My confirmation included this room description, and does not show any discount for a small room or in any way indicate that we had anything less than the "suite" that was reserved.

I told the clerk that I did not book that specific small room. I booked directly through the Comfort Suites website (Choice Hotels), not through a 3rd party website. There was no discount applied for a smaller room than the suite that was reserved, as shown on my confirmation. He had no explanation for this.

Other reasons for our 2 star review: the Wi-Fi did not work on my laptop or smartphone.

The breakfast ended at 9 am. It should go until 10. If you have a late night planned, or are not an early riser and ready to be up, dressed, and out of your room by 8:30 - 8:45 at the latest, you will miss breakfast. Ending breakfast service early is one of my pet peeves. Even McDonalds goes to 10:30 am with breakfast! It is a sign to me that the management is cheap. They are trying to minimize the number of people they have to serve and the amount of food they have to buy.

With all of that said, the bed was comfortable and the room was clean. But I will not stay here again due to the bait-and-switch with the small room which definitely was NOT anything close to the "suite" we had reserved and confirmed.

Room Tip: Do not accept room 210!
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Luckybeckyblue

Reviewed 17 March 2016

The place looks nice as you enter and the room looked nice. However, as you looked a little closer things were weird. The tub and shower insert looked like it was much older than the hotel, perhaps salvaged from an earlier life? The shower head seemed to be non-functioning. The furniture was used hard, seemingly older than the motel. The bed was softer than I would choose but that is a matter of personal taste and not the basis for a review. The breakfast was above average and pleasant.

There did not appear to be many choices in Plainview but I thought this might be one of the better ones.

Stayed: March 2016
1  Thank runningbearly
Reviewed 4 March 2016

The hotel was a little difficult to get to on our first try. There is a one way street in front of it and we missed the turn on to Grandview Drive the first time around. Once we got the hang of it, it was ok. We appreciated the two charging stations in the room for our electronic devices. Would definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jean A
Reviewed 13 January 2016 via mobile

Room is pretty comfortable. Needs more lighting in the room. The breakfast was standard. The business office was convenient for preparing for a business meeting. Have stayed before and I would stay again if I am scheduled to return to the area.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 January 2016 via mobile

This is a small hotel but nice. The pool is very small. Breakfast was typical Choice hotel selection. Our room was not as clean as I would have liked. I don't think it had been vacuumed in a while but the bedding was clean. The bathroom was clean also. Good place for short visit. Hotel staff was friendly and accommodating.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Amy M
Reviewed 3 December 2015

I hope no one ever has another experience like the one I had at the comfort suites in Plainview, Texas. My grandmother needed a room while we stayed in Plainview for a doctors appointment, I stopped at this hotel a week before to look at the handicap room and MAKE SURE I reserved that particular room. Nancy assisted me and assured me it was taken care of. At arrival not only were we not given the room I requested a week ago but was given a room on the second floor that was not handicap and DIRTY! The front desk lied to me the week before, then refused to do anything for us. I demanded to talk to the manager at 3pm the day of check in but was told he would not return till morning, I waited till morning to talk with him. He assured me that my bill would be taken care of I even received my invoice with no charge and double checked twice before leaving, HOWEVER once I checked my account they not only didn't take the room charge off they actually charged me twice!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: The "free wifi" does not work
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Z3360EKdd
Reviewed 30 November 2015

I was so impressed by our stay at Comfort Suites Plainview. I called a few hours before I needed a room, and found the front desk clerk to be very helpful. We needed to book 2 queen suites, as we were traveling with another family and we each have children and needed the additional bed and fold out couch. The price was very low, and I assumed that the stay would not be nice. We didn't have any choice, I had been unable to find available queen suites in Amarillo or Lubbock and we needed to stop due to bad weather. We were pleasantly surprised by our stay. The beds were nice, with many firm & soft pillows to choose from. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The desk clerk was very friendly, and made sure our 2 rooms were close to each other. Breakfast was good, and free. Comfort suites will be our regular stop on long road trips from now on.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family