“Not bad”

Ranked #38 of 45 Hotels in Plano
Henderson, Nevada
“Not bad”
Reviewed 27 June 2011

Stayed here because the location seemed pretty good for my business trip. The exterior of the place wasn't all that inviting, but for the most part it was clean and no issues. This is the friendliest bunch of people I have ever encountered in my travels and that made the experience quite pleasant. Rooms were fine, clean, again, no complaints. Got my wake up call on time - a real test in my book. Breakfast was decent, beds and pillows were pretty comfy and bathroom was clean. For the money, not bad and I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank chelly12364

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 December 2010

For a very reasonable rate, this was a perfectly fine room. No bells or whistles outside of the breakfast bar, but exactly what I would expect and want for this price. The front desk (Awad) was particularly helpful in ironing out a minor problem.

Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank joeingoal
Worldwide
Reviewed 24 October 2010

Just in case I selected the wrong La Quinta from TripAdvisor's menu, this review refers to the La Quinta at 1820 North Central Expressway in Plano, Texas.

I stayed in this hotel for three nights, with my wife, mother, and two cats. We chose this one due to La Quinta's pet-friendly policy, and the proximity of this particular La Quinta to my uncle's house, which was the purpose of our visit to Plano. On a previous cross-country trip, my wife and I (and our cats) stayed in La Quintas all the way from California to Mississippi, so I have a fair basis for comparison.

The hotel is a fair value, but there are some drawbacks to be aware of. We had a handicap-accessible room, so it was on the first floor. However, the only ice machine was on the second floor. The room had no refrigerator or microwave. The front desk offered to have a refrigerator brought to our room...for an extra $10 per night. Our heating unit kept making an annoying clicking sound, as if the thermostat was faulty. The maintenance man was off for the night when we arrived, so he didn't come until the next morning, and he spoke mostly Spanish--very little English. The tile around the bathtub spigot was cracked, the tub's water pressure was low, and the shower wand was missing the height-adjustable hook, so it couldn't be mounted high enough for a 6-foot tall person. Our room was near the back entrance to the lobby, and the lobby door slammed very loudly every time someone used it, which seemed to go on all night. We told the maintenance man and the front desk about this, but it was still not fixed the next night.

Overall, I would recommend you find another hotel, unless this one just happens to be extremely convenient to you based on its location, as was the case for us.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
OKC
Reviewed 8 October 2009

I got an amzing $29 a night rate & stayed 4 nights. When I needed to extended it another night they gave me a higher, but still good rate.
Breakfast was good & the rooms were big enough to set up a pack & play too. Having a fridge is an option but I went with the cheaper room instead.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
texas
Reviewed 12 September 2009

this is the best staff i have ever seen after staying in hotels for the past 30 days, great price for this place could use some updateding but then it would be more expensive. location is great for plano access. 3 stars for dated decor and cleanlyness

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Texarkana, Texas
Reviewed 17 April 2009

To start off I will point out the positives of the stay.
1. It was convient and in the middle of everything. The Plano Convention Center and the Allen Outlet Mall wasn't very far away.
2. The hotel staff was friendly.
3. The lobby area was very nice looking, so I was thinking... "this may not be so bad."
4. The air conditioner worked really well.

I read the reviews on tripadvisor and braced myself (my job booked and paid for this so I didn't feel complaining to anyone would be very nice. I am just going to state the facts of my stay.

Now for the negatives... And yes I have stayed at a La Quinta before, it was a new one in Branson, MO so I had expectations.
1. Over powering air freshener in the room. It stunk bad! Made me think... what are they hiding....
2. Strange stains yellowish stains on the sheets and the pillow cases... I took the pillow case off and though "oh I don't need a pillow case," bad idea I didn't need to see that. Thankfully I brought my own pillow, but the colleagues I was traveling with did not..
3. I was traveling with 7 other people. In one of my colleagues rooms, they found a used q-tip in their sheets. I am not making this up! Gross! After that, we were all on edge. We went to Target and bought blankets and pillows.
4. The rooms were remodeled- new paint and updated furniture. The corners of the room looked like they hadn't ever been touched by a vacumn.
5. Horrible toilet paper! If you stay here... bring your own! (I know, strange to comment on, but seriously, it was horrible.)
6. The TV was hard to work. After a while we finally figured out how to work it. (Yes I know to push the on button, but it takes you to this menu channel when you turn it on. Then it tells you to push the up and down arrows to go to the channels.) Well that never worked it kept taking up to the menu to buy movies no matter if we went up or down... same thing. Finally we unplugged the tv and plugged it back in, turned it on and then it worked... I don't know how that fixed it, but it worked.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
3 Thank 2intx

Travellers are raving about these Plano hotels

Dallas
Reviewed 23 November 2007

Got to the hotel and initially asked for two nights, well it was so disgusting that we ended up staying only one and finding somewhere else to stay. We checked out and was still charged for two nights. Well when I got to looking at my bank statements they had charged me for THREE nights and we only stayed one! Service was horrible, and bathrooms were disgusting! Front Office staff was never at the counter avaliable to serve you. Overall horrible stay and would rather sleep in my car thean here again! DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)