“Excellent Value for Money”

Baymont Inn & Suites Plano
Ranked #35 of 46 Hotels in Plano
Reviewed 12 December 2010

I stayed at Ramada, Plano for 4 days. I found it to be excellent value for money as compare to other motels around that area. The room was clean, neat and tidy. The room was of good size. With all required amenities. The ambience of the motel was good and secure. The pool looked nice and clean, though I didn’t have time to use it. The staff, especially manager, was very friendly and cooperative. I would certainly visit this motel again in future and recommend people to try it out. Mr. Tanna, Australia

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank dtanna

Reviewed 7 December 2010

The Ramada Hotel in Plano is quiet, clean and a very good value. The location near the southeast corner of Park Blvd & 75 is central to everything in Plano. From the 75 North feeder road, turn right on Central Parkway East immediately after Denny's. There are several very good restaurants just north of the hotel across Park Blvd.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 April 2010

Upon arrival, the manager, who stunk like body odor, did not honor the price that was quoted. The lobby had no air circulation and it smelled like a mix of nasty unclean people mixed with mold. Walking into the room made the cockroaches run and the air-conditioner didn't work at all. Did I mention the smell? The manager would not refund my money!
How can this place remain open? The city of Plano should shut this poorly managed hotel down.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2010

When I arrived at the hotel it seemed okay, but the checkin was difficult because the people working were hard to understand. My teenage son went to the room as I went back to the car to park and get additional bags. My son met me in the parking lot and said the room smelled terrible. I told him I would check it out. As I walked down the hallway the smell was horrible before we even got to our room and it didn't get any better in the room. Waiting 10 minutes to see if it got better we both started to feel ill. I went back to the checkin and said we wanted our money back and wanted to leave. I was told it was a nonrefundable reservation but they could move me to a different room. I said I did not want to stay there at all as my son and me were both starting to feel sick. I said that I would contact Ramada and let them know about the hotel and then I was credited back the amount I was previously charged. I would not have stayed at this hotel if the room was offered to me for free because of the smell.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 January 2010

It was really a great stay. We stay there one week. Due to the extended stay we were looking for a good budget motel and this one was the perfect choice.

Much better then old LQ next door and old Days Inn in plano. The matresses were brand new and very comfortable. The pool was very clean.

Thanks Ramada.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 July 2008

This hotel is one of the worst that I have ever stayed at.
Upon arrival I should have known when they asked for the FULL PAYMENT for my stay in advance and it was about 100 degrees in the lobby with a small oscilating fan to circulate the HOT, stinky, stagnant air that this was going to be a BAD experience.
The room was hotter than the lobby, the air had not been turned on prior to our arrival and it was about 96 degrees that day in Plano,TX ! The carpet was filthy, the room used to be a smoking room now converted into a non-smoking room with a NEW bright sticker placed over the old one !!!

I demanded a full refund and was given my money back in cash?
Not refunded to the credit card that I initially paid for the room with ??!!

I advise anyone to stay at the La Quinta that is located just across the street, it was very nice, clean, smelled like it had been cleaned recently and COOL !!

• Stayed: July 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 16 June 2008

This hotel literally stinks. My non-smoking room must have been
a smoking room long before I got it. The air conditioning sucks
and the locks stick. I did not see any roaches or bedbugs, but
there were ants in my room the next morning. Don't attempt to
talk to the manager. I don't think any of the staff can understand
English. I'll sleep in my car or in a tent before I stay here next year.

[--]

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)