“Unique food in a new HH hot spot.”
Review of Hookline

Hookline
Reserve with OpenTable
Hookline is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #218 of 1,028 Restaurants in Plano
Reviewed February 11, 2018

I love Hook Line & Sinker and was curious to see if Hookline, albeit, a slightly more upscale menu, could compare. Nestled in the new Boardwalk area at Granite Park, the interior ambiance is simple but nautical. Our waitress was very friendly and pointed out limited edition and personal favorites on the menu. We had the sangria and coconut mojito, both delicious, as well as the shrimp corndogs, also a great choice. For dinner I took a chance on the scallops and country ham and it did not disappoint. My husband had the catfish platter and agreed it was up to par with Hook Line & Sinker. When the weather improves, this area will be a great spot to do some food and bar hopping.

Reviewed February 10, 2018 via mobile

Omg despite the weather being 30 degrees... the food, the atomsphere, the hospitality, the love definitely warm our spirit and bellies lol... First time experience and they never dropped the ball!! From the time we were greeted at the door,sat, and waited on by Mrs Dory. She was an amazing waitress never had to stop and ask for anything she was prompt!! The portions are hearty and hefty!! With room to take home a doggie bag!! To top it all off we were torn between desserts, the owner Mr John, came by our table and introduced himself with good conversation and before we left he blessed us with 2 DELECTABLE DESSERTS!! The pecan pie was SUCCULENT!! The berry cobbler was DELICIOUS!! Please stop by Hook line right by the Hilton granite park Plano, I promise you be disappointed

Reviewed January 29, 2018 via mobile

I visited this restaurant for lunch on Monday, 1/29 around 1:15pm. My office recently relocated to Granite Park and I want to patronize the restaurants that are in close proximity/walking distance to my office. The restaurant is pretty and the staff was friendly. However, I did notice one of the servers (white male) kept rubbing his face, nose, & mouth and then he proceeded to deliver food to tables. Gross!! I made sure that he didn’t get near my food. With the current outbreak of the flu, I’ve become even more OCD when it comes to food safety/preparation. The server (white female) never told me her name but she was nice. There are several heat lamps in plain view, which they are using to maintain the temperature of the food (can be a good or bad thing).

I ordered the four piece catfish filet basket, with fries, and hush puppies for $14. The portion was huge. My food was delivered to my table within 10 minutes of ordering. The food was not good. I planned on sharing my leftovers with my husband for dinner. The fish had too much batter and was fried too hard. The fish was not seasoned AT ALL and each time I dipped the fish into the tarter sauce, the batter fell off. I noticed two of the pieces looked like there were fried well ahead of the other two pieces. The fries tasted like they had been sitting under a heat lamp and the hush puppies were cold. Although the hush puppies were cold, the hush puppies were the best thing on the plate. They also need Louisiana or Tabasco hot sauces. I only saw Crystal hot sauce.

The server asked if I wanted a to go box. I told her no thank you that I didn’t like the food. I explained to her everything that’s written in the previous paragraph. She proceeded to get the manager. The manager, Ricardo, came to my table and I told him everything that’s written in the previous paragraph. He was very apologetic. I explained to him that I was scouting restaurants near the office to host office gatherings (such as birthdays, happy hours, retirement parties, etc.). He offered to comp my meal but I declined. He insisted that he comp my meal because he didn’t want me paying for a meal that I didn’t like. I obliged. He was very nice and professional. He gave me some menus to take back to the office. He asked that I give the restaurant another try. I suggested that they cook the food ready to order and add more seasoning to the fish batter. I also told him that my experience wasn’t an isolated incident because someone left a similar review to mine on Trip Advisor on 1/20/18.

I’m not sure I will go back. However, I appreciate the staff acting in a professional manner.

1  Thank EmmJoans
Reviewed January 25, 2018 via mobile

Stopped in for dinner on our way home and was pleasantly surprised. Ordered the Tubes and Tentacles as an appetizer and it was great. Creative way of servicing okra with calamari. Then we split the 4 piece fried catfish and it was two whole catfish cut into 4 filets. Way more food than we could eat. Old fashioned cornmeal breading and the sauce selection was very well done. I had the Rye Forward which was a great take on an old fashioned complete with an orange peel frozen in the ice sphere. Wife had the Peaches and Herbs and it was delicious. Seafood isn’t cheap and their prices were in line with other places. Overall really thought the portions were very generous and the food was fresh and definitely scratch. My only complaint is the fries...frozen fries are a waste of time. My advice...join the rest of the world and do fresh cut fries.

1  Thank Russell H
Reviewed January 20, 2018

I have the fried fish and greens it was not good at all, this was my first visit and I'm will not be going back

1  Thank ali2221996

Been to Hookline? Share your experiences!