“Excellence and Deliciousness!”

Bob's Steak & Chop House
Reserve with OpenTable
Bob's Steak & Chop House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 1,028 Restaurants in Plano
Price range: US$50 - US$50
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bishop Road
Reviewed December 5, 2016

Loved the ambiance at this restaurant. Our server, Jorge N., was amazingly attentive, friendly and made some great dinner suggestions. Their filet and t-bone steak were delicious! Tender and tasty. The duck breast was delicious as well. And I can't forget to mention that the bartender made some delicious mixed drinks. Oh so yummy! Bob's cosmo and the pomegranate martini were great. Love the area where the restaurant is located. Great walking, shopping and people-watching area.

Reviewed November 21, 2016

I chose Bob's because it was a steakhouse I had not previously dined at before. It was my birthday and I wanted a nice steak dinner. I had heard Bob's was THE place. I made a reservation days prior. Upon arrival, the decibels were astounding! I was rather taken aback by the volume level. After looking around, I did realize that the space was small. They were running behind schedule and since I was hoping for a booth rather than a table, that extended my wait time. It took almost 45 min to be seated. However, the hostess staff kept keeping me abreast of my wait time and checking in with me. That was a huge plus! We finally get seated, our waiter was good. He was knowledgeable and courteous. Not overly attentive, but reasonably so. The food was just okay in my opinion. I've had better steaks. It's not a place I would select as a first choice on my next dining experience. I was thankful for the mini dessert plate and card recognizing my birthday visit.

Reviewed November 17, 2016

Once again Bob's has delivered a great evening. My compliments to the Chef. This was a Monday night folks! I am not sure if the head Chef works on Monday night or not but I would doubt it huh? Maybe the restaurant will respond to this review and tell us? Maybe the Chef this Monday night is an up and coming star!?! This was as good of a steak as I have ever had. The 28 Oz. Porterhouse and it was unbelievably tender and juicy. It is huge but you can always take the leftovers home and have it to look forward to the next day. The Porterhouse is my favorite cut. It has the filet on one side and the lean strip on the other. Cooking the filet "bone in" (Porterhouse) is the best way to have it. I know a filet alone is good but cooked "bone in" is by far the best way to have it. Porterhouse baby! 28 Oz.
Bob's is known for their entrees coming with a huge glazed carrot and one of 3 types of potatoes. Other sides are available to purchase of course. Everything was great this night. We were here for my birthday. My friend and boss took my wife and I here for dinner. The manager left a nice card on the table for me and made a very appropriately timed visit to the table to offer his kind words. The waiter was also outstanding. He was very easy to talk to as he was very well informed about the menu and drinks. Communication was flawless with him. He knew what we wanted before we were finished asking him yet he maintained poise and confidence. A confident waiter without the braggadocio. Made for a very comfortable evening.
The décor is traditional and neutral. I think it is what a steakhouse should be. It may be a bit dated as the place has been here for a long time but the colors are cozy. The bar area can be loud during happy hour times but it is one of the best bars in the area. You should check it out sometime. Eating at the bar is one or our favorite things when its just my wife and I. Parking was very easy. The Valet took great care of us. Again flawless.
This is my kind of place. A bit of an old fashioned steakhouse. No flashing lights or loud music. The hostesses were very pleasant and kind. The steak I had this night really was as good as I have ever had. I was blown away. I really cannot express that enough. Chef knocked it out'da park. Supa-throwdown man! We had a great evening with a World Class dinner in a warm, cozy restaurant with people who genuinely cared about what they were doing for us. I am for sure a Bob's fan. Shout out to Norm Hitzges. I came to Bob's long before I heard Norm speak for them on the ticket 1310 sports the world we live in. GORDO!! But Norm is correct...This is the place for steaks in North Texas. Real Prime Cuts. Plano or Dallas! Thank you Bob's for a great evening.

Reviewed November 9, 2016 via mobile

Acceptable for dinner. This is your typical US steakhouse with steak and seafood dominating the menu. This is not a cheap restaurant so hopefully someone else is picking up the tab. Very large mains so you may want to skip the appetizer or go easy on the sides. For me the vegetable sides were a little over seasoned.

Reviewed September 12, 2016

I love Bob's Steak House and they know how to do celebrations well. It was just my husband and I having dinner on a Saturday night. The place filled up as we enjoyed our dinner but the restaurant stayed relatively quiet. I had the special of the halibut and my husband had their bone-in steak. Both were cooked perfectly and presented beautifully by a terrific staff. I had a birthday card signed by the staff that evening. The birthday dessert was low-key and yummy. It was a selection of miniature goodies: key lime pie, chocolate cake, and carrot cake. All are made in-house. I cannot say enough good things about Bob's. We eat at least one of the locations often.