1,805 results
All reviews water slides swim up bar life guards splash pad pool area nice resort bedroom condo family vacation beach access texas coast beautiful pool off season great beach washer and dryer ocean view corpus christi full kitchen
Reviewed September 28, 2008

Very good for a hotel that gets used hard every Spring Break season. Rooms were clean, staff was friendly, pool was unbelievably clean, especially for how many kids were around! A fun place for a reunion. On the downside, the doors are quite heavy and were difficult for my elderly in-laws to open.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2008

our room was tiny for the price however that wasnt our major problem .We are both handicap and we were not able to stay a second night nor the third which we had to pay for .There were no handicap rooms nor anything close to it.Toliet was too low -doors were too hard to open ect.We couldnt see the gulf only the pool which we ask to be able to see the gulf --period .The people at the front desk were anything but nice.The elevator was very confusing and I had to ask for directions to my room several times --the no 2 should be for the second floor--you would think.We called the front desk and ask to please allow us to check out ---sure they said come on down -however when we attempted to do so were told that we would have to pay for next two nights --We had all kinds of charges tacked on to our bill before we ever looked at the room---Felt like we were being hearded like cattle---this is not for the elderly nor the handicap---Not to mention a hurricane on the way--Dolly

Stayed: July 2008
1  Thank TexasKady
Reviewed August 13, 2008

Normally we go to South Padre Island for vacation. After Hurricane Dolly, we were forced to make new travel plans. Since the kids (six, ages 14months to 14 years) wanted to go to the beach we went to Port Royal. We had a 2 bedroom condo and a 1 bedroom condo reserved. We stayed in the 2 bedroom, my parents in the 1 bedroom. When we arrived at the resort, I went to check in and was told we only had a 2 bedroom reserved, even though I had reservation numbers for both condos. After speaking with the manager, our reservation was magically found but for only 3 nights, instead of the 14 nights that we had reserved. After arguing with the manager and being told numerous times there was nothing they could do because they were full, she magically found a 2 bedroom condo that they gave my parents for the rate of a one bedroom. That problem solved!! Both condos we stayed in had not been updated, but they weren't bad. Older furniture, but very clean. All beds were very comfortable. Each 2 bedroom condo gets two reserved parking spots in the parking garage. The first night in our unit, I discovered we did not have a pull-out sofa as stated. I called the front desk and they immediately delivered two air mattresses. Unfortunately one of the air mattresses had a hole with a slow leak and during the middle of the night, our five year old was in bed with us. Called the next morning and they immediately delivered a new air mattress. That night airing up the mattress, I discovered a hole in that mattress. They immediately delivered a new mattress. That mattress had a hole. This time I spoke with the manager and a new mattress (still in the un-
opened box) was delivered. Things were fine from that point on with the sleeping arrangements. On the third night there, my 2 yr old and 12 yr old got "locked" in the guest bedroom. The door was not locked, the door knob was broke. I wasn't too worried since my 12 yr old was in there with the 2 yr old. I called the front desk. After an hour they still had not shown up and the 2 yr old was very cranky (it was after 10 pm). I called the front desk again and was told they would be there when they could. I told them if they weren't there in 5 minutes, my husband was kicking the door down. They arrived immediately to fix it, although it took them about 30 minutes to get it open. The manager did call back to make sure everything was okay. They do have a foreign exchange program and all have housekeeping and pool/grounds keepers are young Asian kids. The nicest, most polite group of kids I have ever met!! And they speak English!! (This compared to South Padre were no one in housekeeping speaks English!!) The kids thought the pool was awesome, although the water temperature was very warm. The prices for food and drinks at the pool side grill were very reasonable. The condos are not right on the beach and it seems like a long walk when you have six kids and trying to lug everything back and forth!!! The beach was very clean. Seaweed was not a problem!! The condos get very crowded on the weekends. During the week (Mon-Thurs) it seemed like there was hardly any one there. We ate breakfast at the restaraunt most mornings and the food was good, just not a large selection. Never ate dinner there because there wasn't much of a selection. We did eat dinner every night at local restaraunts and the food was incredible, but some were very expensive ($38 for a blackened snapper). I enjoy South Padre Island much more than Port Aransas/Port Royal, but if we were not able to go to South Padre, I would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed July 20, 2008

My family just spent a week at Port Royal in Port Aransas, Texas. A friend of mine had told me to request unit #6204 and I was glad I did. Everything in the unit was brand new. Appliances, cabinets, beds, TV's. The unit was first class.

We have stayed at Port Royal for many years and always have a good time. Some units are better than others but we have never had any problems. The pool is huge, people are friendly, and it is close to where we live.

They just need to have more luggage carts available.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed June 8, 2008

We just came back from our stay at Port Royal from May 30-Jun 2 of 2008. We stayed in a gulf facing 3 bedroom unit, number 5304. This unit had a complete remodel, all furniture, floors, bathrooms tile and cabinets, kitchen cabinets and appilances were new. It was beautiful and had great views. Being an end unit it was quiet and away from the noise. We traveled with three kids age 6, 3, and 20 months and a disabled mom in wheelchair. Everyone had a great time! Note: The wheelchair worked great in the unit, however the doors to where the toilet/shower are were too narrow for the chair to fit through. Lucky for us, it wasn't a huge issue as she could get her chair all the way to the door and the potty was around the corner.

We loved the complex and thought that the landscaping and grounds were beautifully kept. It really felt like you were getting away from it all, even though it is just a two hour drive from our house. Yes, the complex is getting older and yes they are making improvements. They still need to paint some of the buildings and the pool could use a little patching here and there, but really overall they have done a great job. According to one owner they did some work over the winter months. We found the complex very clean and saw maintenance/landscapers working the whole time.

We ate breakfast at the on-site restaurant one morning and we were very pleased. Food was great and reasonable prices for on-site. We meet a couple who does not live at Port Royal but drives over on a regular basis to eat there. We did not try the on-site pizza so cannot recommend one way or the other. The on-site store was very convenient as well.

The kids adored the pool and the water slides. The younger even though a good swimmer at 3 was unable to go down because of height, but that was ok because the water going down the slide produces a fast current, so I would rather have him a little older anyway.

We loved going to the beach on the board walk and there is a very nice shower clean up area with 6 stalls for when you return.

And we appreciated the extra security that Port Royal. We are now considering purchasing a unit in there as well.

One should note that all the condos are individually owned and decorated. However they all seem to use the rather inexpensive towels/sheets. The rates are pretty high for a 3 bed, $593 + tax during the peak season, but we loved our stayed and thought it was worth it for the getaway.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family