“Great Food/Service”

The Rodair Roadhouse
Ranked #1 of 116 Restaurants in Port Arthur
Reviewed November 9, 2017

We had heard about Rodairs from a friend. We were in Port Arthur visiting family and decided to try Rodairs. Glad we did! The service was great. My wife and I tried the fried Catfish, expecting the same as other places that offered seafood. We were wrong... the catfish (2 fillets), were outstanding..nice crust and inside was nice and moist, not greasy. Sister-in-Law had the fried shrimp and she was as impressed as we were. We all had the cole slaw, French fries, but the wife and sister had the Hush Puppies also. They were so good, neither one would offer to share!
Rodair is open and clean. Great family place, but also has a dance floor with live music on Weekends..We will be back to eat the food and listen to the bands next time we’re in Town. Enjoyed it!

2  Thank Ron W

Reviewed October 21, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I visited this establishment for the first time last night. We were told that we would have a 30 to 45 minute wait but were seated in about 10 minutes. The atmosphere is upbeat and friendly. The seafood gumbo is above par, and the fried boudin with house ranch was a treat. My wife ordered the combo fish and shrimp dinner. It was seasoned very well and cooked perfectly. I had the spicy shrimp po' boy with fries. Both dinners came with a very unique cole slaw that we both enjoyed. I added the slaw to my po' boy and went to town... The live music was southern country meets cajun folk music.. We enjoyed our experience at the Rodair Roadhouse very much and will definitely be returning.

2  Thank 917roberte
Reviewed October 3, 2017 via mobile

The food was great. The service was great. The location, parking was good. The wait was acceptable, you want to get there early or consider making a reservation.

I will return.

2  Thank rledet2016
Reviewed September 13, 2017

The food and the service are excellent. Try the tomatoes!!! They have music several nights a week. It's a great place to just hang out

2  Thank Ellen G
Reviewed September 13, 2017 via mobile

The place is cute with a country feel to it. The food was average. Nothing special to me. I am sure someone else would enjoy it. The service was great!!!