“Top drawer steakhouse”

Saltgrass Steak House
Ranked #3 of 111 Restaurants in Port Arthur
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Reviewed 23 March 2016 via mobile

Excellent steaks and service. Very customer-oriented and professional. Never had a bad experience here. Desserts are outstanding.

Reviewed 16 March 2016

Stopped at Saltgrass and had a steak for dinner, everything was excellent. The service was above average, I will return when back in the area.

Reviewed 25 February 2016

We went to dinner for my birthday. Had appetizer and entrees. The appetizer was shrimp, jalapeño, and bacon wrap...very spicy and delicious. I ordered the filet medium well...however it came out medium rare...I think the waiter misunderstood me...I am not one to send food back however. The steak had great flavor...just way under done from what I normally eat. My wife ordered the steak and shrimp...cooked perfect and delicious. They have a decent wine selection.

Reviewed 19 February 2016

In my experience, Saltgrass has always been a good choice for dinner. This one is no exception. Located a short walk from the Port Arthur TownePlace Suites, it's the obvious choice; although there are other restaurants in the immediate vicinity.

Reviewed 9 February 2016

We visited Saltgrass for dinner one night during a business trip. I'd made reservations, and they seated us as soon as we came in.

The menu is pretty typical of a steakhouse, although a coworker got the salmon and said that it was also really good. Most of us got steak. I always get my steak well done, and they managed to keep it tasty. The wedge salad was really yummy. We split (4 ways) a pumpkin cheesecake thing and barely managed to finish it.

Alcoholic beverages, sodas, dinners with sides, coffee and one dessert ran nearly $200 including tip. I was surprised to learn that Saltgrass was a chain restaurant. I find myself in Texas pretty frequently these days, I'll be back.