“Down Home BBQ”

Add it.
Billy Joe's Bar-B-Q
Ranked #8 of 20 Restaurants in Port Neches
Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

Recently stopped by for lunch. BBQ is always consistently good. Quick friendly service. We always order sides for our large dinner parties.

Reviewed June 24, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I are beginning to believe the reviewer in Texas Monthly magazine who wrote that there is no good barbecue in the Beaumont area. We stopped at Billy Joe's for supper and went away hungry. My husband didn't do too badly-- he had chicken fried steak that he said wasn't the worst he's ever had. It looked like a deep fried frozen breaded cutlet.

I ordered the barbecued chicken dinner with mashed potatoes, green beans and corn. The mashed potatoes and gravy were cold. So were the green beans, which appeared to be from a can. The corn was warm, and appeared to have come straight from a can that may have been opened last month.

The chicken was also cold. And tough. The only utensil they gave us was a plastic fork, so without a knife I had to pick the chicken up to eat it. One bite was enough. Not only was it tough, it just plain didn't taste right.

We didn't even ask for a doggy bag, as I wouldn't feed that food to my dogs.

Reviewed March 13, 2017

It's a decent place to eat, just nothing special about it. I have it here many times over the past few years and it has always been the same experience and quality of food. I'd still go back today

1  Thank Russell M
Reviewed December 16, 2016 via mobile

It no longer is a don't miss, at all. Hamburger is garbage, BBQ OK, links good, chicken great, dirty rice is good. Just no comparison to Tonys or Butchers Korner for BBQ, at all!!!

Reviewed November 13, 2016 via mobile

This is where, generations of my family go and get their barbecue, really love Billy Joe's. we have family all the way in college station drive down get some it that good. The staff is always friendly and welcoming and it's just that small town good ol food.