“Always great!”

Hu Dat Oriental Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 38 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Asian
Description: Popular restaurant - great food.
Description: Popular restaurant - great food.
Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

My favorite place to eat in Portland, Texas. Fernando special is one of my favorites. Crab ragoon also, I believe the owner makes it. Fresh and fabulous. Not all Hudats are the same (menu/atmosphere are different)and this one is my favorite. Great for just appetizer, meals, couple date or large group, we have done it all.

Date of visit: October 2018
NgaT161, Owner at Hu Dat Oriental Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2018

Wow, I’m so happy to hear all your experiences have been great with us! We definitely try extremely hard and glad it didn’t go unnoticed. Thank you so much for taking time out of your day.

Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

My teenage boys love the seasame chicken. I personally am a fan of the bun combos, shaken shrimp, and veggie pho. My husband and son make sure to order the wonton soup- it’s worth the extra dollar. The service can be slow, but the food is always hot and fresh. It gets really crowded at lunch.

Date of visit: August 2018
Nga T, Owner at Hu Dat Oriental Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2018

Thank you for this kind review! I’m so glad your family found your favorites here. Also thank you for being so patient with us, it can get pretty hectic for lunch but we always try our best to send out food as promptly as possible. Have a great evening!

Reviewed August 7, 2018

Nice place for a good taste of Vietnamese food. Bun bowls are very satisfying and they offer a good variety. My favorite is the Broccoli chicken.

Date of visit: August 2018
Ngabosslady, Owner at Hu Dat Oriental Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2018

Thank you for taking time out of your day to write this wonderful review. I’m glad you found your favorite...we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed July 9, 2018

I love subing the vermicelli for noodles the BUN is SOOOO good with it. They used to have daily special and one day a week had sauteed pork chop with 2 shrimp i the bowl with those great crisp veggies, lettuce, carrots, over the Vermichelli and with Peanut sauce YUUUUMMMMMMY ! ! !

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed June 12, 2018 via mobile

I am in love with Bun combo with lots of fish sauce! It is like a cold salad with veggies and rice noodles. It is topped with hot shrimp, teriyaki beef and egg rolls. I think it was about $8.

Date of visit: June 2018
Ngabosslady, Owner at Hu Dat Oriental Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2018

That’s wonderful to hear...... we look forward to seeing you in the future!