“Extremely impressed - great stay!”

Courtyard Dallas Richardson at Campbell
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Richardson
Maumelle, Arkansas
“Extremely impressed - great stay!”
Reviewed 4 June 2011

Booked because this property has some rooms with in-room whirlpool. Good rate for our Thurs-Sun stay. After booking, the reviews I saw made me unsure. My expectations were exceeded and we would definitely stay here again.

Called in advance to request a refrigerator in the room - it was brought in ahead of time and cold when we arrived. Room was great and had a new LG 37" HDTV (couldn't tell ahead of time from pictures or reviews). Wired and wireless Internet is free and very fast. The pool is just as great as the pictures look - also has a gazebo with very comfortable chairs outside near the pool area. Hallways were very quiet and hotel staff were very friendly. Every public area was clean and spotless.

The hotel is surrounded by businesses / commercial area, but is just a few blocks from many restaurants. Campbell Road has a huge development right near hwy 75 that includes apartments/condos, businesses, retail and food. Very convenient to have so much so close by. Loved the Richardson area and will definitely be back!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 25 February 2010

This is the least expensive hotel in its class in the area for a reason....poorly maintained. Overall it is fine for business travel and I stay here often but I ALWAYS try to find a closely priced deal nearby rather than stay here. My main problem is that this non-smoking hotel is very smokey....on more than one visit I have had to change rooms due to heavy smoke smell and the hallways also have a smoke smell to them. Bedding (sheets) and towels are not as soft as most Courtyard hotels and in general this hotel is really showing its age. Best feature is the very nice lady that runs the breakfast area.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
Kentucky
Reviewed 31 October 2009

Stayed here a couple of nights while in town on business trip in fall. Clearly, this property is getting older and needs some remodeling/updating. The best part for me was the price. I was able to book through Marriott rewards and get a $55 daily rate. Definitely hard to beat that rate in the Dallas metro area.

Bed was just okay. Not bad, not good, just kind of there. Decor in room has aged--along with some of the furnishings in the room/hotel.

One definite plus was the service at this hotel. I left something in my room closet by accident. I immediately called the hotel when I realized my mistake. They priority mailed my belongings the next day. GREAT SERVICE response!

Don't have expectations for an above-average Courtyard property. This is not your place. Simply put, very basic place.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
West, Texas
Reviewed 15 June 2009

I'm writing this in the lobby, due to my only complaint about this hotel - the in-room IT doesn't work. Otherwise, a perfect stay! (the wireless in the lobby is free & works fine) The Restaurant manager just brought me a cup of coffee - no charge, he just saw me working over here & thought I might like a cup of coffee. That's Marriott service!! The night auditor has to be the friendliest NA I've run across, great staff & service all-around.

One pet peeve of mine is the constant slamming of those metal-core hotel room doors, but this hotel is very quiet (maybe it was just a slow night, but I didn't hear any other guests). Another pet peeve is the "ignore my DND sign" game that many housekeepers seem to enjoy - again, none of that here.

There's a mid-sized outdoor pool surrounded by a very nicely landscaped area with a gazebo & a hot tub. There's a nice little breakfast buffet, your choice of just the cold side or the full buffet. It's not free, but worth the $10. I clicked on "has a restaurant", but it's breakfast only.

Admittedly, I'm biased as a fan of Marriott in general - the beds got me hooked, and the service has been consistently good across all the properties I've stayed in. This is my first stay in a Courtyard - won't be my last. The room was clean, the bed & linens were very comfortable.

This seems like a new property - may explain why this is the first review. Hope it's not the last - the staff here deserves some props.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled solo