“Good--Not best, though.”

Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Richardson
Rhode Island
“Good--Not best, though.”
Reviewed 5 March 2012

I really liked this hotel. Not only was the service top-notch, but the restaurant was extremely good as well.
However, the location is in Richardson, TX, which is kind of a far drive away from all the shops, etc. There aren't many restaurants in walking distance of this hotel, but there were some, like a pizza store and a really good place (I forgot the name, but it has pretty much everything). The hotel has hired a personal driving service, and it costs a lot just to get to the malls. From the DFW airport to this hotel, it costs roughly $70. Very expensive driving service for slightly erratic driving.
The room I was in was in an adjoining room, and I did not hear anything from the other guests, which was nice. The beds were comfortable and the view was really nice (on the 3rd floor), but the sheets smelled a little strange (maybe it is just the detergent they use). The actual bathroom area is small, but the vanity area is quite spacious.
What really upset me was that the maid service did not clean our room. We got back to the room at 7:00 p.m. and our room and bathroom were not cleaned--no one had cleaned our room! However, we called customer service and a housekeeper quickly came by to tidy up and replace the towels, etc.
Overall, great stay. Very comfortable and accommodating.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
HyattFOM, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency North Dallas/Richardson, responded to this review, 13 March 2012
LifesGood_2011,

I appreciate you response and thank you for your kind words. I would also like to let you know that I will personally go over your experience with our Car Service. We partner with them because we believe they are a step above the rest and this is not the experience we would hope for either.

I look forward to seeing you again,

Jim Smith-Front Office Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Korean first
Wildwood Crest, New Jersey
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Just stayed at this hotel over the weekend. The staff were friendly with the exception of the breakfast chef, rooms were clean and a great breakfast buffet. The only thing that stops me from giving this hotel an excellent is....at breakfast I requested freshly scrambled eggs and the chef made me feel as if it was an inconvenience and a bother to him to prepare them. Other than that, great hotel in a nice area.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Versailles2011
Versailles2011,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I also wanted to apologize for the service experience you encountered with one of our morning chefs. You are certainly not an inconvenience to us. We appreciate your kind remarks and look forward to serving you again.

Thank you!

Jim Smith-Front Office Manager.
Council Bluffs
Reviewed 13 February 2012

I've stayed at this hotel several times per year for the past couple years. The staff in all areas are extremely helpful and accomodating. Any issue i've had was dealt with promptly.
I love the variety on their morning breakfast buffet and all the fresh fruit. The resturant/bar is great. I've never had a bad meal or room service.
The shuttle service is very convenient and always arrives when expected. The exercise room is very spacious with lots of options. I'd love if they added an elipitical machine though. This is one hotel where the rooms are quiet enough that i've never had to use my earplugs.

Room Tip: avoid rooms facing 75, ask for a clean room if you have allergies
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Baytown, Texas
Reviewed 5 February 2012

Spent one night here and it was very nice. The bar was nice and the bartender was very friendly. There are some great places to eat and drink just across the street and it is very close to the freeway. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Switzerland
Reviewed 24 January 2012

This hotel has a modern and friendly atmosphere.
Rooms are comfortable and well equipped. The breakfast buffet offers a wide choice of tasty things.
The staff is very friendly and helps with transports to the companies nearby.
The price is ok and if you have to stay for business in Dallas region I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Florence, Kentucky
Reviewed 19 January 2012

Spent the night in Dallas recently and was glad to find myself here. Great hotel. Clean and updated rooms. Great bar for social and business gatherings. Fast wireless internet. Fantastic gym.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Dakar, Senegal
Reviewed 8 January 2012

Enjoyed a brief stay here over the holidays, and found the room to be quiet, clean, spacious and very comfortable. The staff we intereacted with were professional and extremely nice. We had a great nights sleep and the next morning it was a short 25 minute drive to get to DFW. We were able to enjoy the bar which was a great way to end the night, it was a saturday so the bar was still open at 11:30pm when we went downstairs. I found the prices to be higher than what I had expected considering the surrounding restaurants and bars were very affordable, but it was a relaxing atmosphere and the service was very good. I would happily return to this hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple