“Victorian Home with Class”

Angel Rose Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 6 Rockport B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 June 2017

We stayed two nights with Jennifer and Rusty. What a fabulous time we had being treated with wonderful breakfasts, Rusty's stories that were history lessons. They are perfect hosts, well representing Rockport. Gave and made dinner reservations. A most enjoyable stay. We will return.

Room Tip: only three rooms. All lovely
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pattravel84

Reviewed 6 June 2017

I apologize for this review being soooo after-the-fact, but back in April of 2016, I took a mini-vacation to Rockport, and I was going to take my bicycle so I could ride around and see the sights, but my bike had a flat. Rushed to get out of town that Friday afternoon, I put my bike in my truck, but I hadn't gotten that flat fixed yet.

So on the way, I called around Rockport and found Angel Rose B&B. I was assured by Rusty (co-owner, along with his wife Jennifer) that the flat could be fixed. So, when I got to town, I arrived at Angel Rose (close to dark) and dropped off my bike. I went to my motel, went back the next morning, and Rusty had the flat fixed.

While I was at Angel Rose I was given a tour of their B&B. I grew up in a turn-of-the-century Victorian home, and Angel Rose B&B is as Victorian as it gets, folks! Absolutely beautiful!

I know this flat-fixing "side story" may not be very consequential on the grand scale of things, but I got to ride around Rockport during that weekend because a very good human fixed my flat for a nominal fee -- and I wasn't even staying at their B&B!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Rusty D, Owner at Angel Rose Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We appreciate your business and comments!

Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

This place is awesome! Found it by accident - the place we usually stay in Rockport was only available one of the nights we needed. Thank God for that! This was by far the most relaxing place we stayed. The house is gorgeous and the room was extremely comfortable. The breakfast - Eggs Benedict - was top notch. Had morning coffee, which was ready when we woke, on the back patio. We have already made reservations to come back with our whole family! The hospitality was as good as it gets. If you're looking for a place to stay in Rockport, I HIGHLY recommend Angel Rose B&B. Five stars is not enough.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 January 2017 via mobile

My wife and I recently celebrated our 33rd Wedding Anniversary in Rockport, Texas at the "Angel Rose B&B. The owners, Rusty and Jennifer Day, could not have been more gracious hosts. The 150 year old home is immaculate, the accommodations comfortable and private, the common areas open and inviting, Rusty a wealth of historical information, and Jennifer a wonderful cook (the breakfasts were amazing!)
The B&B affords easy access to great restaurants- check out Latitude 28-02 and Chesapeake Eats 495; is within easy walking, biking (bicycles offered on site) and driving distance to the Aquarium, Maritime Museum, public beach, the State historic "Fulton House," and so much more.
I highly recommend "Angel Rose" and Rockport/Fulton for a weekend getaway or special occasion. You'll love it!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 January 2017

Historic house, full of antiques, an amazing house to stay! Jennifer and Rusty are very friendly and treat you as family. This is their home and they live in the house. Jennifer will give you good recommendations where to eat. Ask Rusty to give you his history briefing. Breakfast was superb with a large bowl of fruit followed by eggs benedict. As a courtesy, coordinate your check-in time with the hosts. We have stayed at hundreds of B&B's and this one is in the top 10%!

Room Tip: To avoid stairs, ask for the Iris room.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2016 via mobile

Thank you for a lovely weekend in your b&b . The views were breathtaking, contributing to a wonderful relaxing weekend by the sea. Thanks for the Hospitality. I felt at home I definitely will comeback N stay.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 October 2016

Jennifer and Rusty treated us like family. The house, its decor, and setting were perfect for my wife and I, who needed to get away from our every day grind. We felt as if we were in a period piece, and it allowed us to slow down and enjoy life and each other. Thank you Jennifer and Rusty. Y'all did great!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple