All reviewseggs benedictgreat hostslocal historyget awayantique furnishingsperiod piecesthe claw foot tubghost storiesmade us feel at homewithin walking distancecomfortable place to stayfresh fruitnice weekendnext morningboth morningswe've stayedmorning coffee
Reviewed July 9, 2017

My wife and I wanted a place to get away for a nice weekend close to the shore and I had heard nice things about Rockport. I chose the Angel Rose because of it's excellent reviews and it turned out to be a fantastic choice.

The home itself is very nice, lots of history and a large collection of antique furnishings. Even though it is an old house, it is in superb condition and comfortably cooled, even when it was very hot outside as it was for our visit. The rooms are all very nice. We stayed in the Rose Room, which was quite comfy. It had a dedicated bathroom across the hall that was small, but nice. The claw foot tub was a nice touch. All the sitting areas, the porch and the dining area were very comfortable and full of interesting things to look at. The whole house is clearly very well cared for and feels quite elegant.

The location couldn't be better. It is a very short walk to the marina and many of the Rockport museums. It is a short drive to Fulton Mansion, Goose Island Park and some of the other area sights. We drove to Port Aransas Beach to swim the one day, which was about a 40-minute trip, but that would have been less without the ferry wait.

There are some very nice restaurants in the area. We really liked Paradise Key and Latitude 28 02, both of which were recommended by our hosts and the latter is a very short walk from the house.

The owners, Jennifer and Rusty, were excellent hosts. Upon arrival we received a tour and history of the house as well as a helpful orientation of the Rockport sights. They are both very knowledgeable about Rockport and at breakfast Sunday, Rusty gave a nice overview of the area's history.

The breakfast was excellent each day. Both days we had a very nice fruit cup. The menus included muffins, omelets and a very nice eggs Benedict.

I would highly recommend Angel Rose.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 26, 2017

We stayed two nights with Jennifer and Rusty. What a fabulous time we had being treated with wonderful breakfasts, Rusty's stories that were history lessons. They are perfect hosts, well representing Rockport. Gave and made dinner reservations. A most enjoyable stay. We will return.

Room Tip: only three rooms. All lovely
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pattravel84
Reviewed June 6, 2017

I apologize for this review being soooo after-the-fact, but back in April of 2016, I took a mini-vacation to Rockport, and I was going to take my bicycle so I could ride around and see the sights, but my bike had a flat. Rushed to get out of town that Friday afternoon, I put my bike in my truck, but I hadn't gotten that flat fixed yet.

So on the way, I called around Rockport and found Angel Rose B&B. I was assured by Rusty (co-owner, along with his wife Jennifer) that the flat could be fixed. So, when I got to town, I arrived at Angel Rose (close to dark) and dropped off my bike. I went to my motel, went back the next morning, and Rusty had the flat fixed.

While I was at Angel Rose I was given a tour of their B&B. I grew up in a turn-of-the-century Victorian home, and Angel Rose B&B is as Victorian as it gets, folks! Absolutely beautiful!

I know this flat-fixing "side story" may not be very consequential on the grand scale of things, but I got to ride around Rockport during that weekend because a very good human fixed my flat for a nominal fee -- and I wasn't even staying at their B&B!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Rusty D, Owner at Angel Rose Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We appreciate your business and comments!

Reviewed April 29, 2017 via mobile

This place is awesome! Found it by accident - the place we usually stay in Rockport was only available one of the nights we needed. Thank God for that! This was by far the most relaxing place we stayed. The house is gorgeous and the room was extremely comfortable. The breakfast - Eggs Benedict - was top notch. Had morning coffee, which was ready when we woke, on the back patio. We have already made reservations to come back with our whole family! The hospitality was as good as it gets. If you're looking for a place to stay in Rockport, I HIGHLY recommend Angel Rose B&B. Five stars is not enough.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed January 26, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I recently celebrated our 33rd Wedding Anniversary in Rockport, Texas at the "Angel Rose B&B. The owners, Rusty and Jennifer Day, could not have been more gracious hosts. The 150 year old home is immaculate, the accommodations comfortable and private, the common areas open and inviting, Rusty a wealth of historical information, and Jennifer a wonderful cook (the breakfasts were amazing!)
The B&B affords easy access to great restaurants- check out Latitude 28-02 and Chesapeake Eats 495; is within easy walking, biking (bicycles offered on site) and driving distance to the Aquarium, Maritime Museum, public beach, the State historic "Fulton House," and so much more.
I highly recommend "Angel Rose" and Rockport/Fulton for a weekend getaway or special occasion. You'll love it!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple