All reviews amazing park friendly management long grass decent stay weeds rec
Selected filters
Reviewed July 20, 2018 via mobile

We stayed a week with our family and friends. It was decent, but I was disappointed with the lawn maintenance. We had stickers on our campsite, grass was long throughout the park and there were long weeds in the playground so the kids couldn't even play. Mosquitos were bad so the long grass didn't help. They did spray for mosquitos the 5th night we were there.

It seems to be run by a bunch of elderly people and they seemed annoyed with our children being there even though they were well behaved. They would say smart remarks when the kids were playing in the pool or riding their bikes up and down the road. I didn't like that at all.

The pool and restrooms were nice and clean and the newer sites were nice with the pull thru concrete slabs. They looked good minus the overgrown grass. My only other complaint is there wasn't any grills or fire pits on those sites. Also, a lot of the sites had several piles of ash dumped in the grass and the ants were bad. The "basketball court" is more like a sidewalk than a court. The pond looks nice, but was infested with mosquitos so I would avoid it entirely during mosquito season.

Overall, it was a decent stay, but I wouldn't recommend it for families with children. If you're going to be out and about most of the time, then yes, but it's not a good place for kids if you're going to be there days at a time.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Rebekah N
Reviewed May 28, 2017

My husband and I decided to take trip to Rockport, Memorial Day weekend. All hotels booked or prices jacked through the roof. My husband thought camping in a tent might be the way to go but last trip over 20 years ago didn't leave me with good memories. The compromise...civilized camping at Ancient oaks rv park. I read two very favorable reviews and all described was right on. We had water and electricity at our tent site under the oak trees. Pool is large, crystal clear and the hot tub works and even lights up at night. Bathrooms and showers clean and plenty of hot water. 22 dollars a nite and I loved it. The staff, especially Pete, go out of their way to make sure everyone has everything to enjoy their stay. Any music playing in the park stops promptly at 10 pm and all visitors respect their neighbors need for a restful night of sleep. This fact is very important to me. We hope to be back soon.

Room tip: Choose tent site near pond...
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Karen N
Reviewed January 15, 2017

I camped here with a friend visiting his grandparents and enjoyed every bit of this community. I got to watch a Packers game in the clubhouse, enjoy a hot tub and swimming pool, nice showers, and all the other expected things you could ask for. The gas station is literally right next to the entrance, and I couldn't be happier about my experience. I am literally on my laptop writing this review right outside of my tent at least 60 yards from the facilities. Bathrooms are clean and air-conditioned, showers are not disgusting, and the people here are quite friendly.

Room tip: Bring a tent or RV!
Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank alexlJ8036PZ
Reviewed May 18, 2016

We stayed 4 days here on the new pull thru sites and enjoyed it. The Laundry rooms and bathrooms were clean and we used them both. Lots of walking area for the pets, and a big duck pond with fish and a ton of turtles in it!! Didn't discover till 2 days in...all different size turtles and I thought was cool. Everything pretty spread out in this area but park in good location if doing Corpus Christi and the ferry..was only a short ride home. Lots of people stay there in older area, oil workers etc but didn't bother us any. Staff very friendly.

Room tip: This park is about 30 minutes from Corpis Christi. Just FYI.
Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Mestucson
Reviewed January 7, 2016

This is an older park in Rockport although they do have a newer side with all concrete sites. It is more of a monthly/seasonal place than a weekend place. Everyone was very friendly, they have lots of regular activities as well as a swimming pool, laundry, and clubhouse. As I said it is older so it is just a bit run down looking and they don't seem to have any rules regarding what they let in or how you keep your site, lots of tarps and junk piled up around rigs. It was super quiet and the trees are all mature so lots of shady spots. I probably wouldn't plan to stay there again but if you are just passing through it is a perfectly acceptable place to stop over for a few days. While there re plenty of activities and the folks were great it is probably a little to run down for me to spend months there.
We did have one issue, we called ahead and reserved but arrived on New Year's day. The office was closed but they were supposed to leave a check in packet for us in the night box. That didn't happen, luckily we new some people staying there and they were able to go to one of the workers sites and find out where we were suposed to go.

Room tip: If you have a big rig, 40 ft or larger ask for a site in th new side, it's a bit tight over on the older side.
Date of stay: January 2016