“Flummoxing”

Logan's Roadhouse
Ranked #123 of 182 Restaurants in Rockwall
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed 20 September 2016

It is so annoying to walk in to this Logan's and the three 17 year old girls look like they just woke up. They debate which section to seat us, they have to go see if the table is clean, more debate, etc...oh, did I mention there is no one waiting and the restaurant is 1/2 full. After more debate, we are finally seated. What a terrible way to greet guests. Many of the tables had not been cleared of dirty dishes. Not very appetizing to sit and look at someone else's leftover food and dirty dishes. Manager was no where to be found and the service was marginal. My wife asked for her salad dressing to be on the side. He salad was delivered, by the same waiter that took the order, with a glob of dressing smack dab in the middle. The waiter acknowledged that my wife had ordered it on the side, whirled around and returned with the correct order. Our food was mediocre. My grilled chicken was not fully cooked so I left 3/4th of it. This restaurant should close and do the community a favor. Every week I get 20 to 25% off coupons via email. They could send me 100% off and my wife and I would not return and eat there. Finally, my wife went to the ladies restroom and it was littered with paper and needed attention. She mentioned it to one of servers standing outside the door and the lady just smiled...no acknowledgement of the problem or that anything would be done about it. This restaurant is barely on life support and failing rapidly. Importing new managers every 30 days hardly remedies long-standing issues.

Logans_Roadhouse_Mgr, Guest Relations Manager at Logan's Roadhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2016

We're sorry to hear your experience was bad. Please know that we take your feedback seriously and we will be checking in with this location. If you'd like to have a member of our team follow up with you, please give us a call at 1-844-6LOGANS. Thanks and we hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 27 August 2016

Wife and I received a flyer with coupons and this place wasn't far away so we jumped over to the neighboring city and gave it a try. We arrived before 5 pm and was seated right away, but it took longer than we expected for the server to take our drink order and appetizer. We order queso and chips. About 1/3 of the chips were chewy instead of crunchy (maybe undercooked?).

I tried the new Slow and smoked pick 2 platter: got beef brisket and brisket sausage, with seasoned fries: It arrived and the fries didn't seem seasoned, they also were not very hot and got cold quickly. The beef brisket was a little fatty and dry it was served warm, but also got cold quickly, the sausage was tasty and was hotter than anything served on the platter. I ended up taking about half of this platter home as it had gotten cold before I could finish it. I probably will not order this platter again and will go with a steak.

Wife ordered chopped steak, salad, cinnamon apples, she loved the apples the rest didn't impress her.

The server was maybe overwhelmed, but I saw several servers not very busy and visiting with each other, I would recommend more team work in taking care of the customers.

The manager did come by and ask how things were and I stated okay, should have offered him some feedback on the quality of the chips and the temperature of the food when it was served, but he had already been dealing with two adjacent tables with issues and I didn't feel my issues warranted burdening him further.

When we left the place was getting really busy, the place isn't bad we just caught them maybe a little off.

Logans_Roadhouse_Mgr, Customer Service at Logan's Roadhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2016

We appreciate feedback like yours, Steven. If there's anything else that you'd like to share with us, feel free to give us a call at 1-844-6LOGANS. Our team will be glad to follow up with your concerns.

Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

My husband and I came here en route to a concert for my 40th bday. We were ignored by 2 dudes when we first came in and finally another host came over and showed us to a table. We ordered chopped steak and wood grilled chicken. It took us over an hour to get our food. There might have been 10 other tables occupied in the whole place. When we did get our food I asked for my other side's and our waitress said "it's there". I lifted my chicken and there MIGHT have been 50 grains of rice under it. One side was still in the kitchen. To our waitress's credit, she checked on us and apologized for the wait. Once we got all of our food it was good. But, the kitchen here and the maturity of the staff leaves a LOT to be desired. We won't eat here again. I wish we had spent a little bit more and gone to Salt Grass on the corner.

2  Thank Wgstand
Logans_Roadhouse_Mgr, Customer Service at Logan's Roadhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2016

We're sorry your experience wasn’t the best. If you'd like, our team can follow up with your concerns, just give us a call at 1-844-6LOGANS. Thanks for your review!

Reviewed 30 July 2016 via mobile

I never knew peanuts could be stale until I came here. Unfortunately the peanuts are a direct reflection on the level of service you receive. Wait staff was very unattentive.

Logans_Roadhouse_Mgr, Customer Service at Logan's Roadhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2016

Hi, Evan. We're very sorry to hear your experience wasn't the best. Please know that we take your feedback seriously and we will be checking in with this store. If you would like a member of our team to follow up with you, please give us a call at 1-844-6LOGANS. Thanks.

Reviewed 27 June 2016 via mobile

The food was prepared perfectly, every bite was amazing. However, the star of the show was our waitress Danielle was phenomenal, we wanted for nothing. It was so nice to go to a place were the service was as wonderful as the food and vice versa. Thank you for a wonderful dining experience.

Logans_Roadhouse_Mgr, Customer Service at Logan's Roadhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2016

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this review. We're glad you enjoyed your visit and hope to serve you again soon.