“Not My Favorite”
Review of Salt Lick BBQ

Salt Lick BBQ
Ranked #10 of 394 Restaurants in Round Rock
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed March 10, 2018

Salt Lick is a nice place to eat lunch. The servers are friendly, the atmosphere is casual and fun, and the food is pretty good. We ordered the senior citizen specials and they didn't even card us, even though we're way younger than 65, tee hee.

I wish I liked the food better, but I just find their side dishes to have very strange seasoning. The potato salad tastes downright weird to me. I couldn't bring myself to take more than a few bites.

The brisket and beans are okay. Service is excellent, really stands out for friendliness and promptness. Overall, Salt Lick is a decent place to stop, if you aren't expecting world-class barbecue.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,051)

Reviewed March 8, 2018 via mobile

We stopped in on our way to San Antonio. Very nice building and friendly staff. We had combo plates each and would have to sum up saying good BBQ with not so good sides. I had ribs and sausage and loved both. He had brisket ribs and sausage and loved all 3. The pot salad was odd with a cumin flavor. The coleslaw was pretty boring and the beans were ranch style without much pizazz. We did how ever LOVE the pickles that came on the side and although we didn’t eat the bread it looked like it would be tasty. So all and all meh it’s ok.

Reviewed March 7, 2018

NSULTED MY DYING FRIEND!!!
My friend has stage 4 cancer and is in the middle of a fight for her life. The chemo causes all kinds of issues such as hair loss, and she has difficulty walking. She also can no longer drive herself. My wife took my friend to run her day to day errands yesterday and then drove her to visit with her daughter in Jarrell. After leaving Jarrell my friend was hungry, which is a miracle in itself because the chemo really destroys your appetite. She wanted Salt Lick... She walks up to the counter and she orders 5 plates to go. The vile women taking the orders looks at her and says "Do you know how much that is?." "It's gonna be like $70 dollars." "Do you even have that kind of money?" What a piece of trash this employee is. My friend was devastated... All she could do was turn around and walk out. How dare this women judge someone by their appearance...All my friend wanted to do was get some good food and buy dinner for my wife, myself, and my son for helping her out. The saddest part is, my friend felt the worst about the fact that she couldn't get us some BBQ, not the fact that this women insulted and demeaned her... If the manger or ownership of the Salt Lick has any doubts or questions about this review or would like to know which employee is ruining their business, I'll be glad to talk to them

Reviewed March 6, 2018

This is a place that produces large quantities of food for a lot of people. We visited during off hours on a weekday so it was pretty quiet. If it was busy, it looks like they could really pack the customers in, based on the size of the parking lot and the seating area. The food was decent BBQ but not the best we've ever had. We thought the beef brisket had a lightly smoked flavor but not as much as we would have liked. Also thought the pulled pork was a bit bland with very little smoked flavor. Our server was friendly and attentive.

Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

Been awhile since last visit, should have stayed away. After a 20 minute wait it was all down hill from there. Ordered from the over 60 menu. Portion was good. The pulled pork was to salty to eat. The cole slaw was very warm and to vinigary. I did enjoy my pork ribs, but overall was really disappointed in the meal. The server was sweet, but seemed to be in a different world. Forgetful and just not on the ball. Not big demands, but lacked any real sincere effort.