“Very good BBQ”
Review of Salt Lick BBQ

Salt Lick BBQ
Ranked #11 of 392 Restaurants in Round Rock
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed April 7, 2018 via mobile

We stopped at the Salt Lick for dinner on a warm spring evening. We were heading to the RR Express game and did not have any way to get leftovers so we shared an "Thurman's Choice" plate with brisket, sausage and a rib. Our server John recommended getting an extra 1/4 pound of ribs so we could each have one. It also came with beans, potato salad and cole slaw.

It was all very good. The ribs were excellent and we're my favorite, but it was all good. Splitting the meal and adding the extra rib was just the right portion for us. We ate outside and enjoyed music from a man playing a guitar on their outdoor stage. It was a great evening!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,043)

Reviewed April 6, 2018 via mobile

The pork ribs I had we're great. Nice cold beer on tap. Located right next to the Round Rock Express ball park. Great place to eat right before catching a game.

Reviewed March 21, 2018 via mobile

We visited Round Rock to see family for Spring Break and were late getting into town. Even though we walked in just 15 mins before closing, we were greeted and served by a friendly staff. Service was excellent and we were checked on often; although that may have been them trying to get us to hurry up and eat so they could close LOL. Regardless, the baby back ribs were wonderful! Sides of beans, potato salad, and cole slaw were nothing special but didn’t necessarily need to be with such good ribs. I have eaten at the best BBQ restaurants in the South and I would rate the Salt Lick Baby Backs among the best!

Reviewed March 13, 2018 via mobile

Great BBQ. This restaurant is very large. I've rarely had to wait for a seat and the service is quick. I've had better BBQ thats a bit better but I've waited between 20 minutes and 2 and half hours to order it.

Reviewed March 10, 2018

Salt Lick is a nice place to eat lunch. The servers are friendly, the atmosphere is casual and fun, and the food is pretty good. We ordered the senior citizen specials and they didn't even card us, even though we're way younger than 65, tee hee.

I wish I liked the food better, but I just find their side dishes to have very strange seasoning. The potato salad tastes downright weird to me. I couldn't bring myself to take more than a few bites.

The brisket and beans are okay. Service is excellent, really stands out for friendliness and promptness. Overall, Salt Lick is a decent place to stop, if you aren't expecting world-class barbecue.