“Great Place with Friends!”
Review of Salt Lick BBQ

Salt Lick BBQ
Ranked #11 of 390 Restaurants in Round Rock
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 21, 2018 via mobile

Salt Lick BBQ was a great place to sit outside with a group of friends and have dinner! They had a great guitar player playing and singing! The atmosphere is nearly perfect! Can’t wait to visit again!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,035)

Reviewed April 16, 2018

First time in Round Rock Texas and I was told by so many to go to Salt Lick. Although I am not much of a BBQ person I did love the beef ribs. We went with 7 of us and we had a nice variety of food to share. The mashed potatoes - ( not like the usual) were amazing. They had a nice bite of vinegar and not the typical creamy type. LOVED THEM.

They have a big eating area inside and out. Big picnic table seating and lots of opened space. They also have a full bar. Came on a Sunday and although it was busy it was not packed and we had no wait to sit. Good service.

Reviewed April 10, 2018

An early evening meal started with with a 45 minute wait for a table. Once they called us we were seated promptly. Once seated the waiter came to bring our drinks and the menus. I ordered the combo pulled pork and brisket and my buddy ordered a brisket and ribs. Both were outstanding and I liked the pull pork the best. They have two kinds of sauce one sweet and one with vinegar. The potato salad was really underwhelming and the cowl slaw was nothing to write home about but the BBQ was outstanding.

Reviewed April 7, 2018 via mobile

We stopped at the Salt Lick for dinner on a warm spring evening. We were heading to the RR Express game and did not have any way to get leftovers so we shared an "Thurman's Choice" plate with brisket, sausage and a rib. Our server John recommended getting an extra 1/4 pound of ribs so we could each have one. It also came with beans, potato salad and cole slaw.

It was all very good. The ribs were excellent and we're my favorite, but it was all good. Splitting the meal and adding the extra rib was just the right portion for us. We ate outside and enjoyed music from a man playing a guitar on their outdoor stage. It was a great evening!

Reviewed April 6, 2018 via mobile

The pork ribs I had we're great. Nice cold beer on tap. Located right next to the Round Rock Express ball park. Great place to eat right before catching a game.