“Nothing Fancy But Comfortable”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Round Rock
Ranked #19 of 26 Hotels in Round Rock
Reviewed 27 May 2012

We found this hotel to be reasonably comfortable, and worth the money. The complimentary breakfast was very good and had lots of variety. The staff was kind and considerate and willing to help with questions and needs. We did miss a flat screen TV, but were busy enough not to consider that a drawback to our stay.

Room Tip: If you need cribs like we did for both rooms, do not think they will be available when you get there...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 May 2012

Very nice facility, very pleasant staff, but I have become acpcustomed to wide screen TV. In this day and age it seems as everyone has a big screen TV except hotels. Big detractor!!l!!

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank bruskione
Reviewed 24 April 2012

My wife and I recently had the opportunity to stay at this hotel. When we arrived we were immediately checked in and felt very welcomed. The staff seemed almosted excited that we were there. Our room was ready, clean and larger than expected. The shower was hot with just the right amount of pressure. The bed was very comfortable and although I don't know what brand of pillows they have I wish I would have asked. For breakfast we expected fruit and cold cereal wich was provided but we were pleasantly surprised to find hot biskuites, gravey, a hot waffle iron and plenty of batter to go with it. We will definitely use this hotels again the next time we stay in Round Rock or the north Austin area again..

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 March 2012

she doesnt care for the country feel but I like it. This hotel is located right off of I-35 and close to everywhere we needed to visit. Nice appeal as soon as you drive up. The check-in and check-out process was Great! The beds were nice and firm! I cant stand feather pillows but I made it work. The AC unit was a bit loud but I like a little noise when falling asleep. The bathrooms in our rooms were HUGE...We loved that! The breakfast buffet was excellent every morning we were there. The staff was very friendly. Even though the pool needed some light cleaning, we still enjoyed a quick dip. The hot tub was nice and hot! I would stay here again if i was in the area.

Room Tip: You cannot go wrong with a top floor room!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 March 2012

The bed was too firm. The sofa bed was the most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept in and since it was in the living area close to the front door, I could hear the ice machine all night. The rooms are not sound proof. The breakfast was ok but no yogurt or variety of fruit. They mostly offered carbs and empty calorie items. There was no paperwork with information about the wireless services and the phone didn't work to call the front desk to ask about it. We were close to the front desk but I forgot to ask them so just did without it. Overall, it was ok but definitely not worth the price in my book. However, it was convenient to our destinations being right on I-35 but don't expect too much. The staff was friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Stay away from the ice machine! Too noisy!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 March 2012

It's been lovely staying at the country inn.the receptionists are super kind and helpful.i will defenetly come back!!

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 7 March 2012

We have stayed in several similar hotels in the Round Rock area and have found that the Country Inn and Suites is by far the best value in the area. Not plush, but clean with a great staff and very good breakfast buffet. Our first choice in this area!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family