“Best Italian food in town”

Joe's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #36 of 240 Restaurants in San Angelo
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed March 9, 2018 via mobile

Consistently good food and great service. Real Italian food, not the chain imitation and, yes, they serve veal. Good wine selection and nice desserts. Pizzas are supposed to be good, too, but I can't vouch for them personally.

Reviewed January 30, 2018 via mobile

Our Waitress was nice and the restaurant was clean. Only bust was our dish “Chicken Florentine” had canned chicken instead of an awesome piece of in house cooked protein. The dish would have been excellent if it hadn’t been for that. How’d I know? Anyone can taste the distinctive flavor of canned chicken lol. The bread and marinara sauce were pretty good though. I’d be back but would probably try a pizza instead.

Reviewed January 26, 2018 via mobile

Ordered the chicken piccata with a lemon butter sauce. I was expecting a traditional pan seared chicken puccata with a rich lemon butter sauce, what i received was two pieces of overly boiled chicken, sauce that was literally butter and lemon. My girlfriend ordered the shrimp alfredo, you could easily tell the shrimp was from a bag and it was boiled as well, very overcooked and chewy. The alfredo sauce lacked flavor. Very dissapointed and would not recommend to anyone.

Reviewed August 25, 2017 via mobile

We went here for a pizza and since they were out of two different kinds of red wine, we settled on a bottle of chardonnay. It arrived in an ice bucket and we weren't given the chance to taste it before she poured it. Well she didn't pour it either. She plunked down two glasses and left. Seems to me there are some basics when you serve a bottle of wine. The first chill that bottle had was the ice bucket, so it was still warm. Chardonnay is white, this wine was brown. It was horrible tasting. The vintage was 2003. White wine is supposed to be fairly young, right? So my date gets up and takes it to the servers. They argued with him and said not all chardonnays are white. He said he didn't want the wine after three minutes of arguing. Unprofessional! So we ate our pizza but we should have walked out then. We paid our bill to the owner. My partner told him we returned the bottle because it was bad. First words out of his mouth " we open a bottle - its yours". I said it was bad wine. My date said it had over fermented. The owner was hostile and rude. My date said that's ok, you just lost two customers. He said that's ok - I don't want you to come back. And that was that. We will take our business elsewhere.

1  Thank Laurel B
Reviewed July 18, 2017 via mobile

This place has consistently great reviews with a smattering of terrible reviews. This place is a GEM! We arrived on a Tuesday evening and we're seated immediately. Our waitress "Shannon" showed up pronto, and delivered our wine within minutes. The food portions were GENEROUS, and everything was very tasty. Shannon remained attentive and helpful throughout the meal, and even gave us extra bread with our leftovers. Super great place, and crazy affordable...nothing over $12 with appetizers at $7, salads at $5, and WINE at $4.50/glass. We highly recommend Joe's!!!