US$47
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$52/night.

US$60
US$51
Lone Star Inn(San Benito)
US$60
US$104
US$72
US$70
US$89
US$81
  • Pool
US$64
Value Place Harlingen(Harlingen)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$56
US$90
US$76
Country Inn
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed March 23, 2008

If one is looking for a true Texas experience, then Vieh's Bed & Breakfast is the place!! Charlie and Lana's (owners) knowledge of Texas and Mexico nature, wildlife, culture, and traditions is vast! The rooms are decorated with antiques, family memoirs, beautiful quilts, and nature-oriented items. The rooms are clean and interesting. The food is great! One will never go hungry!! The Vieh's are intelligent, spiritual, and down right neighborly people. This is not only a Bed and Breakfast but a true cultural experience. Have fun!

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank fjpfish
A TripAdvisor Member
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed December 4, 2005

Charlie Vieh's has themed rooms which are cute. One has it's own bathroom, and the rest you share. They are clean. All but the one big "mama grande" room, named after Charlie's mom is tiny. You hardly have any place to put your stuff and have to walk around the room sideways in one of them. The food was not first rate. In fact, it was the worst kind possible...I didn't eat. The cheapest of all brands with more fillers and chemicals than actual food. I also noticeed poor sanitary habits when it came to preparing the food. One of my biggest turn offs was the sign of "religion" EVERYWHERE. I respect people of all religion and their values and beliefs, but I don't like getting it thrown in my face from morning until night. Open bibles everywhere, plaques with christian sayings, crucifixes everywhere. I mean, from the bathroom to the kitchen. There is one bible in the front room that is about 40 pounds and is huge. Total turnoff. Also, Charlie was rude at times and would not go out of his way if HE FELT ones request was something that he thought was out of the ordinary. The trip into Mexico with him was in a filthy, disgusting van that hadn't been washed in years. He never cleaned the windows. The seats smelled and he never helped with luggage or anything else. Our group tour had to press him for details about our days plans, motels, food, etc. which he was not forthcoming with easily. Probably, because he didn't have a clue. Get this. He actually "FORGOT" to make reservations for a tour group of 10 into remote Mexico. So instead of staying in 2 other places, we were constantly packing/unpacking/changing motels. The trip was ruined because of this. One day, we had no place to stay and just "took a chance" at the only place to stay in a remote mountain top. We also ALL received chigger bites our first day because he stopped in a filthy "park" to eat lunch, which of course lasted weeks. He wasted 12 of my precious vacation days. I never return and will never recommend, in fact, I would advise to stay away. All this is unfortunately accurate. I'm actually leaving some stuff out, because I don't want to be so very negative, but I can say more. I'll leave it at that.

• Stayed: August 2005