“Fun!”

Wonder World Cave and Park
Ranked #7 of 16 things to do in San Marcos
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Welcome to Wonder World Park, a one-of-a-kind Theme Park, known as the 1st show cave in Texas. Visitors have enjoyed touring the Balcones Fault Line Cave for over 105 years, and now, the park has many other attractions for family fun and entertainment. Enjoy a guided tour and discover the nation's only true example of an earthquake formed cave. Go deep underground and see up close the devastation of a major quake. Exit by the "Stratavator" and ride high into the sky to the Tejas Observation Tower. Be amazed by the Topsy-Turvy World of the Anti-Gravity House where everything is backwards, even water flows up hill! Board the train and splash through the waterfalls of Mystery Mountain on your way to the Texas Wildlife Petting Park. Educational and fun for ALL ages, Wonder World Park Cave and Attractions is just minutes from I-35 in San Marcos between Austin and San Antonio. Gift shops, free picnic grounds, free parking and much more await your visit.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had a great time. It seems a little expensive for what you get, so I don’t know that we will visit more than once. However, it was definitely worth going once. We loved the cave and the weird upside down house. My kids really enjoyed feeding the deer as well. It gets very dirty so be prepared and wear good shoes for walking!

All reviews
"tejas"
"texas"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed September 11, 2018

We did the combo package and our tour guide for the whole thing was Sara. She was great and knowledgeable about the animals and the caves and with a good sense of humor. It was great for our family with 2 young kids 7yo and 3yo. Not crowded. Panning for gems was a pleasant surprise as my kids found lots of nice "gems" unlike other places where it seems like just regular rocks. A little run down but that did not take away from our experience.

Reviewed August 10, 2018 via mobile

Wonderful time at Wonder World! I took my two children (7 & 9) to Wonder World, and we truly enjoyed our visit. I purchased the combo tickets and felt it was a good deal. The combo included the cave tour, riding the train to see (and feed) the animals, observation deck and anti-gravity house. Our tour guide was awesome! She was very knowledgeable and shared the history of the cave, while injecting humor along the way. We learned a lot during our cave tour. Plus the kids thought it was so cool going into the cave where they could touch the rocks and climb on them. I grew up in San Marcos, but had never seen the city like I viewed it from the observation deck during our visit. It was breathtaking! The train ride was fun, and my children enjoyed feeding the deer and Emu. The anti-gravity house was neat, and a fun way to wrap up the day. The staff at Wonder World were welcoming and helpful. I recommend stopping by for a visit- locals too!

1  Thank Lacy D
Reviewed August 8, 2018

4 adults killing time and it was decent. We did the combo package, so saw the cave and everything else they had to offer. A little pricey for a family for what it is, but we had fun.

1  Thank justssalter