“On a budget, just for one night.”

Days Inn - San Marcos
Ranked #17 of 32 Hotels in San Marcos
houston
“On a budget, just for one night.”
Reviewed 27 April 2010

Took family to Outlet Stores and stayed the night. We reserved 3 rooms using a coupon
easily found by quick search. Paid less than $200 for all 3 rooms including taxes . Was not expecting much since they were the cheapest rooms I found with one week notice. Location is very good , easy to get to. Check-in was very quick. Rooms were ready as promised. Clean rooms, bathrooms showed their age. All rooms have mini fridge, microwave oven, iron and board, coffee maker and hairdryer. Airconditioner unit worked fine. Pool was clean but we didn't swim. Overall not too bad. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank chrisrobin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
san antonio tx
Reviewed 15 February 2010

the staff was nice and helpful. location convenient. beds too hard though, and the vending machines were out of order. no laundry facility onsite. showerheads were great but bathroom smelled lilltle moldy. it suited the needs of our weekend getaway.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank violetmonarch
HOUSTON
Reviewed 21 August 2009

We booked two rooms for our away from home trip. We liked the fact that the hotel was just off of I-35. And the furnishings in the rooms were up to date. However, the place had the noisiest plumbing ever. In one of the rooms, the bathroom heat lamp was stuck on high and in the other room the heat lamp didn't work at all. Plus, when you turned on the light in the bathroom the fan came on and you couldn't turn it off. There were "dust bunnies" behind the door in the bathroom and in the bedroom. The one in the bedroom could be viewed from across the room. One of the rooms had a hole in the wall. There were fingerprint smears on the bathroom mirrors, towels that were hard to the touch, and only one trash can per room. This was not a good value for the rate we paid.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Houston
Reviewed 22 July 2009

staff and hotel management made us felt like we were home away from home. nice room and friendly staff, what else we need?

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
em1037
Reviewed 12 October 2008

well I came to san marcos because I was affected by Hurricane Ike. nobody wanted to take me, because i was a evacuee,I stopped at Days Inn and the person at the front desk was really helpful and understanding. they helped me with all the FEMA paperwork because i had no money to pay with. It got aproved, so i stayed in Days inn for 2 weeks. they gave me great service, the manager drove me in his personal car to the city hall to get food from the food drive. Now thats customer service. the rooms where very clean, comfortable and the mattress where so good I got my great hours of sleep. their continental breakfast was fresh every day. well, over all this hotel is in very good management. thanks to them i had a home. I will defiantly come back again anytime i stop by San Marcos TX, and i recommend anyone to stay at days inn. by reading these old reviews, this hotel has really improve their services.

• Liked — customer service
  • Disliked — parking lot
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Amarillo, TX
Reviewed 16 March 2008

My family and I stayed at the Days Inn in San Marcus and found it to be unworthy of baring the Days Inn name. The shower had mold in it, unfinished sheetrock repair that had aged in the bathroom along with dirt build up along the base boards. The sink plunger was broken and could not hold water for shaving along with mattress's that were not worthy of being in any motel, the sheets were see through, the trash cans were filthy. This location was way over priced for the quality of service provided. I trusted the name on the door and did not inspect the room as I should have which is my fault but after looking around the room more this room is not the quality that bears the name. The staff was not willing to rectify the situation in any way which was fine. Days Inn should pull the franchise on this location.

• Liked — Close to I-35
  • Disliked — Outdated and filthy
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 July 2006

I've stayed in many hotels all over the world and this is probably the worst I've ever been in. The rooms, and I was in several, smell like cat urine and mold, beds have holes in them, carpets are very dirty and worn, mattress are soiled. I would have slept in my car except I feared for my personal safety. The hotel staff was friendly, tried to get me a better rooom, which they don't have and they refunded my money.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member