“Great place for a slice or pie”

Gumby's Pizza & Wings
Ranked #36 of 301 Restaurants in San Marcos
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Pizza
Description: Is a new pizza place in town
Description: Is a new pizza place in town
Reviewed June 25, 2018

Gumby's is a classic college pizza place. I've been going since 2011 and they have constantly been improving their store and becoming nicer and nicer. I haven't been inside the new location yet, but outside it looks really nice. The pizza is good, and they have nice daily deals on their pizzas. If you're really hungry you should check out their lunch buffet.

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

We stopped here while driving through and I am so glad we did. New restaurant with standard seating as well as an outdoor and couch/group seating area. Excellent pizza with dipping sauces. They have a good selection ready to grab by the slice and also a standard menu. The fountain drinks are not the standard brands and were very good.

We had the jalopeno popper, cheese and pepperoni pizzas with ranch, marinara and garlic butter dipping sauces...all were really good.

This place is definitely worth stopping by.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed March 21, 2018

First off, this review is about the new, larger location off Hopkins, which we happened to visit on its opening day.

As for the food, the pizza (cheese and pepperoni) was as good as ever, as was the pepperoni roll, ranch, and Pokey Sticks. I can't recommend Gumby's enough. They also serve slices now, both regular-sized and GIGANTIC ones.

As for the location, it's great. There are plenty of seats indoor and out, though parking will inevitably become an issue, since there are verrrrry few spot out back.

As for the people, they were top-notch...friendly and helpful.

I don't know why you're still reading this...go already!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed December 20, 2017

A craving for undiscovered, great tasting pizza brought us to Gumby's Pizza & Wings. According to the staff, whom by the way are the nicest young men, it is a college favorite for late night pizza. Now to be fair, I am very critical when it comes to pizza. This is up there with my favorites.

This pizza place appears to be more of a carry-out and delivery. We decided to eat in. The restaurant was clean, the staff that waits on you is very helpful and very friendly. They provide great customer service. We ordered Stoner Pie. This pizza has pepperoni, mozzarella sticks, French fries and bacon - what else do you need????

The crust was not too thick with a non overbearing tomato sauce. The combination of the flavors are great together and make this one great tasting pizza. You must try their Pokey sticks. This is not for dieters or carb watchers, but it is for a "feel good slumber party with friends" pizza.

The price is great and they have many different specials and different and unique combination pizzas for every taste. This is a MUST-TRY just to say you did and you will not be disappointed.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed October 2, 2017

We arrived yesterday in San Marcos and I wound up making Coney Islands. Tonight I decided it was time to try the local cuisine. We have a friend who is a student at TSU and recommended Gumby's for good pizza.

I called ahead and then picked it up. Ordering was seamless.

We ordered a Butcher Shop and a Garden pizza. It was ready when I got there and based on the aroma I was tempted to sneak a piece before I got back home.

The veggie ingredients were very fresh and tasty. My hubby said his pizza was great also. He liked the looks of my veggies so much he will probably get one with some veggies on it also.

We will be here for two weeks and if we want pizza we will know where to go.

Date of visit: October 2017