All reviews large walk in shower definately stay here frequent traveler sausage patties mini fridge great hotel staff was friendly service road clean hotel recommend this hotel easy access three nights texas state university great room off the highway enjoyed my stay checking out
Reviewed August 26, 2018 via mobile

Impressed! Hotel was very clean, bed and all linens were wonderful. Breakfast was great and the staff super friendly. Refrigerator was odd as it would only stay on for a couple of hours. Coffee in room. Nice TV with internet. Will definitely stay here again. Safe, clean and affordable. Close to everything. Good job Fairfied by Marriott!!

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed August 5, 2018 via mobile

While the hotel looks quite new, smells good and the room clean, that’s pretty much it for pros. Checked in about 2 hours ago, and the front desk personnel all looked like they were annoyed to be here; no greeting, no smile. To make matters worse, I requested ahead on the Mariott app for extra towels since there are 5 of us but no, the hotel only set up the room with 3 towels. Room directly in front of elevator when I asked for a quiet location. These requests have always been honored at every Mariott franchise I have stayed in except this particular hotel. Why bother to ask me if I needed anything when you obviously do not care to read nor follow up on your guests? It’s very inconvenient, annoying and speaks largely of a very insensitive hotel. Thank goodness we’re only here for one night, as I would not hold my breath for anything good coming out of this place.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank JazP_06
NickMartinez1250, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin San Marcos, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2018

We deeply regret that we failed to provide a better experience during your stay with us and that your stay did not meet your expectation or ours. We take guest requests very seriously and sincerely apologize that we did not follow through on your requests in a timely or efficient manner or were unable to honor them upon your arrival. We strive to improve our property and service on a daily basis and to never provide anything short of the most hospitable service. To that end, I would be delighted to have the opportunity to speak with you more to learn how we may improve to ensure we are providing the best possible service and stay for each and every guest; each and every time. Should you have any additional feedback, or should I be able to provide any future assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed July 11, 2018 via mobile

The hotel staff is very friendly and polite. Overall hotel was nice. Rooms were clean and nicely decorated. The breakfast needs some help. I think because people view the breakfast as a Buffett and an all you can eat on at that... they ran out of a lot of things (waffle mix) apple juice was just water, eggs ran out. They did do their best to replace it as fast as they could but there was a lot of long lines. I would recommend this hotel and we would stay here again.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2018 via mobile

This was our first experience at a Fairfield lodging and we were so very pleased. The beds were so very soft and comfortable as were the plush pillows. The room and the bathroom were exceptionally clean. The choices at breakfast were numerous, the setting elegant, and the breakfast staff were polite and helpful. Several asked if we needed anything, they kept the area impeccably clean, and the coffee was excellent and offered real cream. This may have been our first experience with Fairfield but it definitely will not be our last.

Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed April 25, 2018 via mobile

Heading to San Antonio for a weekend getaway with my spouse. Spent a good bit of time shopping at the San Marcus outlet which are not far from the hotel. We were pretty wore out and didn’t feel like finishing the drive to San Antonio. We stayed here at the Fairfield for some rest before finishing the trip the next day.

When we booked online and appeared as though only double queen rooms were available. Which was fine considering we only needed to spend the night. Check in was great. Very courteous staff. Rooms were clean and very update. The bathrooms were spectacular! Truly the modern feel and the large walk-in shower.

I only give four out of five stars due to the fact that we had minimal contact with staff and minimal time in the hotel. Time constraint did not provide for an opportunity to be over-the-top. Although I would still say service was very good and the hotel is very nice. This is the perfect stop for worn out shoppers.

Date of stay: April 2018