All reviews painted churches clean rooms free breakfast highway tile
Reviewed July 24, 2018 via mobile

This America’s best value inn In Schulenburg Texas right off of I 35 was perfect for sleeping just a few hours. Room was very clean, awesome TV and very cold air condition. I did not want to spend $130 and this place was perfect. I would definitely do this again on my next long trip driving between Houston and San Antonio Texas. Highly recommended! Rick. Ask for room 204

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
abviSchulenburg, Hotel Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-Schulenburg, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your stay at the ABVI Schulenburg and the valuable review recommending our hotel.
We will take your comments for further improvement. Glad to note that you liked the stay.
It is our privilege to serve clients like you.
Reviews from guests like you motivate us further.
Please do visit us again,

Reviewed July 18, 2018 via mobile

I’m a budget traveler, and am understanding of what is expected when staying at a budget hotel. However, I couldn’t even stay the night here because of bugs (cockroaches and crickets), dirty floors (trash found under air conditioner and bed), and terrible service. When I tried to solve these issues with the manager, he got angry with me, told me there was nothing he could do, and just walked away. I’ve never seen such a nasty room, or received such poor customer service, and this hotel offered both. Save yourself and don’t stay here!!!!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
abviSchulenburg, Hotel Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-Schulenburg, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from the ABVI Schulenburg
We are very much concerned with your feedback.
Our apologies for the bad experience due to bugs and poor front desk service.
Our endeavor is to offer a nice stay to all our guests but failed this time.
Actions shall be taken to improve everything on priority and you can have a good stay next time.
Hope you will reconsider.

Reviewed February 3, 2018

After educating the front desk gentleman both on the phone prior and then in person that the Americans with a Disabilities Act of 1990 precludes hotels from requiring a either a certificate of service or for a service dog to have to wear a vest or special harness (I also wrote down the URL for ada.gov and referred to the relevant section on Service Dogs), he was welcoming and agreeable. This was the first time I have run into hotel staff not being aware of the terms of the law.
The room seemed basically clean and an effort had been made to renovate. The shower head was wonderful (lthough it was placed too low for anyone over my height of 5’6”) which made for a very nice shower! There were pink sheets, a brown bedspread and orange walls—could have used some white sheets. I did notice that the edges of the carpet all around the room were not cleaned—they need an edging tool while vacuuming. Otherwise, everything seemed reasonably clean. There were not many choices for less expensive hotels in the area—most places were $110+—so I was glad to dine this.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Lotus13
abviSchulenburg, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn-Schulenburg, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2018

Hello Esteemed Guest,

Greetings from the ABVI Schulenburg.
We value your stay and thank you for the experience regarding our area and the consideration for the pest.
Your feedback is important to us and we hope you'll return so that we may have the opportunity to provide you with a nice experience.

Reviewed January 14, 2018

Stayed one night got in late room was ready and just as I asked. I asked for a non-smoking room, king bed, preferably on the lower level. Room was cleaned and stocked well. There was a microwave, fridge, and great television channels. Corner store and restaurant near by, very convenient. Also free wifi, free parking, and free breakfast. All in all it was a nice hotel to stay in and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
abviSchulenburg, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-Schulenburg, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2018

Dear Guest,

We are incredibly grateful that you took the time out to leave us this review.Our industry values put customer satisfaction as top priority and we are committed to our customers. Its customers like you that make our job wonderful. We look forward to serving you again.
Hotel Manager

Reviewed December 25, 2017 via mobile

We stayed for the Christmas weekend. All of the hotel staff were very friendly and hospitable. We've stayed in a few rooms over time and all of the rooms were neat and comfortable. I'm happy about any renovations that have been made since I've moved away

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
abviSchulenburg, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn-Schulenburg, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind words. I’m so pleased that you found us a neat and comfortable place to stay and that our amenities were to your liking. We take real pride in this hotel and in serving guests like you, and I’m extremely happy that you had such a pleasant stay. We look forward to having you with us again soon.

Hotel Manager