All reviews kemah boardwalk comfort inn pretty decent breakfast pastry waffles nice clean hotel king suite family trip coffee table a great stay rooms are spacious would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting nasa complimentary breakfast one night stay staff was friendly convenient location
Reviewed June 24, 2017 via mobile

My two children and I stayed at this facility. I do think you should be aware of the condition of this property.

Upon checking in for a five day stay yesterday, we met Jonathan who was terrific at providing customer service. After his shift, we could not locate a single person to help. Towards the end of our stay, we could tell Jonathan and the rest of the staff heard we complained as we were treated less and less as guests and more like nuisances.

The rooms at this facility have black mold. I say rooms because we looked into switching rooms and the other was worse. At breakfast today we encountered guests that were leaving due to the mold and housekeeping issues. The sheets are filthy. There is blood on both sheets of both queen beds in our room. Yellow stains are rampant. I personally had to clean the surfaces because there was dust everywhere and I had to clean the AC unit in the room. I also had to clean the microwave as whomever was in this room before splattered something in it and housekeeping didn't clean it.

I would gladly go to another hotel, but I already spent $300 plus dollars on this one and the location is ideal. I'm upset though at the sheer lack of care given to this property.

I did finally meet the owner, Joy, on Wednesday. She offered to move us to Room 103, which is next to the pool and ice and vending and I did decline. She explained they are remodeling everything and the mold was caused by bad housekeeping, and she was fixing the problem by training the housekeeper better. She offered 1000 extra points on my account, and while that was nice, absolutely nothing changed. In fact...the housekeeping got worse! Three days of our stay we had either no towels or two towels for three people. We either had no shampoo or no conditioner. Even though I specifically requested two extra pillows, EVERY DAY of the stay housekeeping took them back and we had to go back down and get them. I requested the sheets changed four times here.

I understand Joy's predicament as she is a new owner. But when she isn't here staff doesn't care. We had no cable in our room. The first time it was our fault because apparently there's a light switch that turns it on and it wasn't on. Wednesday and Thursday night we had none and were told it was due to a storm, yet other guests rooms we passed had it. It was just laziness that kept them from coming up to check.

Upon checking in, Jonathan told us the pool was open until 10, even though the sign said nine. You can see video of my kids swimming until 10 most nights. Yet last night the lady with long dark hair said the pool closed at nine. When I explained to her what we'd been told, she told me that each person has their own rules. What???

I'm going to be frank here: I want a refund for this stay. If things would have improved after speaking with Joy, this wouldn't be happening. The staff at the end were rude and housekeeping was atrocious.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Management response:Responded June 26, 2017

Thank you for taking your time on your busy day to let us know about your stay. I am disappointed to hear that your stay was not to your satisfaction! I have addressed the issues you brought to our attention with the staff! We are improving the hotel daily! I hope the next time you are looking for a hotel in Seabrook, TX we will see you again!

Reviewed June 20, 2017

The restroom was a bit outdated, the bed was too hard, but we still enjoyed the stay. It was clean and the staff was friendly.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded June 26, 2017

Thank you for taking your time on your busy day to let us know about your stay. I am pleased to hear that your stay was to your satisfaction! We are updating Hotel daily! I hope the next time you are looking for a hotel in Seabrook, TX we will see you again!

Reviewed June 20, 2017

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Reviewed June 18, 2017

I wanted to give present two graduate students; we decided to travel to Kemah, TX.
In preparing for this trip, I searched for nearby hotels, (so many to chose from). When I choose Baymont I didn't realize it was so close many other necessary places (groceries, food, shopping..)-which alone is a gem.
The staff was extremely pleasant and accommodating. Management also went over and beyond the call of duty to assist us.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Management response:Responded June 26, 2017

Thank you for taking your time on your busy day to let us know about your stay. I am pleased to hear that your stay was to your satisfaction! I hope the next time you are looking for a hotel in Seabrook, TX we will see you again!

Reviewed June 18, 2017

Great service, manager was always on point. They were very considerable with early check in as well as late checkout. Highly recommend Baymont Inn & Suites if you're staying in the Kemah area

• Trip type: Travelled solo