“Dave's Right Here, Man”
Review of Dave's Smokehouse

Dave's Smokehouse
Ranked #18 of 75 Restaurants in Seabrook
Reviewed 14 March 2017

While doing some work in Pasadena, the people with whom we were working told us we would be fools not to go to Dave's. We took them up on that and boy, did we not regret it. Dave's is attached to a little butcher shop/meat market just off the road. The BBQ was phenomenally cooked with BBQ provided at every table so you aren't begging at the counter for more. I also highly recommend the fried okra, as they do it very well here. This place is so great that we ate here probably 3 times or so in about 8 days. It is one of those places that if you are ever in the area you can't miss the opportunity to stop in. One of those places that you take anybody who has never had Texas BBQ to and show them that this is how it is supposed to be done.

Reviewed 13 March 2017

While awaiting to head out on a cruise from Houston, we want in search of some genuine BBQ. We asked the front desk our hotel in Seabrook TX if they could recommend a place, and they seemed kind of stumped. Fortunately, another guest standing at the desk chimed in with "this great little place not too far away". They didn't know the name of the place, just gave us some rough directions. So, we hopped in the car and went in search of this mysterious place. After a little trial and error, we wound up at the Bay Area Meat Market & Deli, and noticed Dave's Smokehouse attached to that business. It was about 10:30AM, and Dave's wasn't open yet, so we were just peaking through the windows. A big old pick-up truck pulled into the parking lot and a big, burly man got out and asked "what you boys looking for?". We said we were from Canada and were looking for BBQ, and then I said "are you Dave?". He said "yes I am" held out his hand for a Texas sized handshake, and invited us in. They had been smoking meat all night and he offered us samples of everything - AND grabbed us a drink to go with it. We tried to pay, but he said "it's on the house, boys". The food was simply awesome - but what impressed me more was Dave's hospitality and the hospitality of his staff. We went back later in the day for supper - and they all remembered us and treated us like royalty. This is the type of hidden gem I love to discover when traveling. So, when in Houston TX, take the drive down to Seabrook and say "hi" to Dave - it's well worth the drive.

1  Thank mattburlet
Reviewed 1 March 2017

This is also the Bay Area Meat Market. This excellent meat market is under promoted and I was lucky to find it in an google search. We recently picked up an 11 lb standing rib roast for a dinner party. It ended up outstanding and it was my first time making a prime rib. I hadn't realized that a prime rib was just a bunch of rib eyes that aren't grilled individually, but rather roasted.

The restaurant has all the favorites, BBQ plates, chicken fried steak, pulled pork, ribeye steaks, all the good stuff. The restaurant/ meat market isn't on one of the main drags through Seabrook, League City, Webster or Kemah so you have to know where this place is and seek it out. Excelelnt food whether you come for the cooked stuff or grab and go at the meat market. This meat market is a precious commodity as T-bone Tom's isn't really a meat market anymore, neither is Perry's and the mexican meat markets aren't in the same league/ quality level. This is hte The meat market in the Bay Area. They gave me a seasoning packet that was perfect for the standing rib roast I made too. They were fantastic in helping me pick out the perfect cut of meat.

I'm looking forward to coming back with family and friends to eat and not just for the meat market

Reviewed 13 February 2017

Every time you go you get to test some of the best Bar-B-Que in Texas and that is saying a lot! Years ago I said, "I want the lean sliced brisket" as another well known local bar-b-que place advised when I got some fatty meat. The lady behind the counter looked rather hard at me and said, "we don't sell any fatty bar-b-que. Everything we sell is lean. I smiled and after eating there for a t least a decade, she was right. I have never had fatty bar-b-que there. Even their chopped beef sandwiches (where bar-b-que places often unload fatty meat) is lean. The best bar-b-que around!

Reviewed 26 November 2016

I've had the BBQ, the baked potato, and a hamburger from here. All have been really good! Plus, it's within walking distance from my work so when we're super busy, we just call in an order and in 15-20 minutes go pick it up. Plus, when we have potlucks, work always orders a big ol' mess of BBQ yums!

I actually haven't eaten inside, but I've been inside to pick up orders, and it's always been nice and clean and the people pleasant.

The food is very good! The baked potato with bbq is freaking huge and delicious, and I really like the sausage and the chicken. The brisket is good too, but I'm not a huge fan of brisket, so I don't usually order it, but if it's there, I'll have a nibble. The one thing I'm not a fan of is the sauce. it's not terrible, but it's not amazing. Luckily the meat is so good, you don't need to drown it in sauce.

This isn't my favorite BBQ place, but if you're in the area, and need good, solid 'que at not a huge price, this is the place for you!