All reviews fire pit life jackets private bathroom upstairs loft kids love game room area coffee table pots and pans cabin tipi camping pond hammocks paddle rope deck grill
Reviewed April 4, 2018

My husband and I stayed with our friends and their two boys in Geronimo Creek Retreat Sweet Medicine cabin

Pros:
- Lots of activities available for us in the properties, such as fishing, kayaking, paddle boarding. Kids love it!
- The property surrounded by fields and the view is beautiful. We enjoyed our morning walk.

Cons:
- We paid $75 cleaning fee so expect the property is clean when we check-in and it was not. There was dirt on the floor and dust on the shelves. We found dead ants on the coffee table and on bed sheets.
- We did not throw anything on the toilet and it frequently clogged.
- The property map in their website is not accurate. The property is smaller than the map and buildings are closer to each other (except the teepees).
- There is no dishwasher in the cabins

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed January 30, 2018

We stayed I Tipi 4 two years ago, it was a neat experience, I should have been submitted a review. My kids enjoyed it, even the part about having to walk outside to the restroom. The river was nice, great scenery. Tipi was very spacious, I was not expecting that. The tipi was clean also, there was a game room area and places to bar b q. It was a great one time thing.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed December 27, 2017

We stayed in tipi 4. Tipi needed a good cleaning and update. There were many spider webs at the top of the tipi. The sofa is torn/worn and dirty. The bedspreads were dirty. The pillowcases had hair. On the outside of the tipi, there was trash around the fire pit and picnic table. There was food left on the BBQ from a previous guest. The bathrooms are in a building behind the tipis but are convenient and private. The rec room has a ping pong table that has seen better days. Pond had trash in it. There are multiple cats on the property (to keep small varmints away I'm sure) but they make it difficult to eat outside. It was an interesting place to stay. We will be back again but maybe stay in another tipi, one of the glamping tents or a cabin. For the price, it needs to be cleaner and updated some.

Room Tip: Tipi 0 is closer to road, tipi 4 is closer to woods, tipi 2 is closest to bathrooms and pier.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed December 5, 2017 via mobile

My family stayed at the homestead haus on the property, with another family. We had a total of four adults and three children under the age of 4. I definitely feel like the house and property could have been cleaner. Dishes didn’t appear to be clean so we washed anything prior to using it. We opened the refrigerator in the common area and found food that had been sitting in there for so long that there was mold growing.

Based on the website, I was hoping this would be a more kid-friendly place. There aren’t any hiking trails, no playground (maybe I missed it?), kayaking prob took us a good 10min total. My kid was a little bored and played with his legos, but he could’ve essentially done that at home. Property states that quiet time is from 11pm - 7am but there was a big party in the common area until probably 2am.

We stayed one night and left the next day.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed November 15, 2017 via mobile

Review is about Best Texas Travel’s refund process. I’d like to commend Emily for assisting with this. She was very kind on the phone and also responded in a timely manner through email. The process took 5 days ( I contacted her on Saturday and got my refund on Wednesday). Unfortunately, I did not get to stay at the Geronimo Creek but the customer service I received was excellent.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family