“Horrible”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #28 of 32 Hotels in South Padre Island
Reviewed 12 March 2016 via mobile

Not realizing it was spring break we booked our trip. Spring breakers were obnoxious and dropping F bombs. Fighting. Plus they screwed up my credit card twice. Manager said come see him before 8am to fix it but he left early, I got there at 6:30am but he was gone. Front desk called him he said he'd call to fix it funds would be released today. Three days later my card still has the charge. Beds hard as rock. Worse stay ever.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank borednightowl
DARSHAN P, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2016

Good day

First of all I would like to apologize for your accommodation, and glad you understood in regards to Spring Break, in regards to your credit card we had informed that release on card does take a couple days to be returned to cardholder, we addressed this matter with your credit card but they informed that money would be returned during the following days rest assure you will get that money back as it was an authorization on card only. My Name is Christopher Gonzalez at your service please contact me for any issues

There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge

Reviewed 15 January 2016 via mobile

Is property is fairly clean everything, it has a good outdoor swimming
pool with a good outdoor. I stayed here twice in the room I stayed in was updated in fairly clean comfortable. My main problem with this train is there breakfast it's definitely nothing to write home about. Really I don't even like the coffee times I stayed it was just about $32 per night going out to breakfast was not a biggie

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank kcpetcare
DARSHAN P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2016

Good day

Thank you for taking time to review property as we are trying to see what many ways we can exceed our service and your review is going to help us a lot to make changes necessary for upcoming guest.

Reviewed 30 December 2015

We are a choice privliges member and enjoy staying at Comfort Suites. Decided to go with econo lodge so we could get 2 side by side rooms for the same price. What a mistake! People in the room next to us were up partying half the night, went outside to smoke a cigarette and someone was peeing 10 ft from our door, disgusting! We called the front desk and they did nothing! This was at 1am. Was forced to turn up tv and put head under pillow to drown out the noise instead of making a scene with the party goers next door. Spoke to the front desk this morning and they basically called us liars without directly saying it. They offered a discount to stay again. I stated i wouldnt stay there again for free! If you read this please AVOID THIS HOTEL, saving a few bucks is not worth it. Rooms were also very disappointing compared to other choice priviledge hotels. So upset considering never staying at a choice hotel brand ever again!

Stayed: December 2015
2  Thank Matt P
Reviewed 16 December 2015

For under $30 I was very skeptical about staying in this hotel. Normally you get what you pay for in life. The room and beds were clean and it is a good value in the off season. We moved after the second night because the pool and Jacuzzi were not maintained at all. I didn't mind for the price but for an additional $5 we found the Super 8 which had an outdoor Jacuzzi and some elliptical and tread mills in their somewhat gym. You can't go wrong in South Padre Island in November. The prices mimic Mexico.

Room Tip: Typical Motel set up
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2015 via mobile

This was so much better than we expected. We were prepared for a genuine economic experience with bugs and just a bed. The staff was friendly though, the room was decent, the bathroom was clean and the pool was fun. I was surprised that the cheapest room even had a kitchenette. The breakfast is small, basically just cereal and oatmeal but again, for the price it was fine. It's about priorities. If you'd rather spend your money on a nice hotel, don't stay here. If you'd rather spend your money on activities and experiencing the island, this is a great economic way to stay.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Ashley R
Reviewed 23 July 2015 via mobile

The long list of why you should avoid this place is hard to start. I guess I'll start with the grounds themselves. The parking lot is full of potholes and trash is littered about the place. There are bags of trash left in the walkways and swampy pools of water everywhere from leaking pipes. The ice machine is always out and the rooms smell off. They don't clean the rooms until maybe five or six at night and the hotel is constantly noisy with kids running up the stairs till midnight and shouting from the pool area. The wifi never worked for more than five minutes at a time and the rooms are dim and uncomfortable. The free breakfast is a box of cereal and a gallon of milk left on the counter in the office. That's what I get for trying Priceline's express deal!

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Mary G
Reviewed 20 July 2015 via mobile

First off the rooms are dirty. The pool had so much chlorine in it, it was like pouring hot sauce in your eyes! So after our few minutes in the pool we got out and used the 3 towels that were in our 4 person room. I walked to the front desk to ask for more towels and was informed I could walk to the laundry and ask for them, then when I did I was told I had to bring my dirty towels first so I walked back to the room got those brought them back to exchange asked for a 4th towel since there were 4 people in our room and was told no there's only 3 towels allowed per room! The service was horrible the room was dirty and the pool was terrible I wouldn't stay here again if you paid me to!

Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business