All reviewsclean towelsother guestskitchenettebedsspipoolbeachtrashisland
Reviewed May 19, 2018 via mobile

Staff was unhelpful and unwilling to answer any questions. Room was dirty and I was not offered a different room or even for it to be cleaned properly. Was way over priced for something scary. The room was so dim we could barely see anything. The bathroom was just disgusting. I suggest everyone avoid this place and stay in corpus even instead of here.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank tammiehatley64
South Beach I, Owner at South Beach Inn Boutique Beach Motel, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review! We muchly appreciate any and all feedback as our guest experience is our top priority!!

I am disappointed and saddened to hear you felt The Hospitality Professional Team was not friendly and that your room did not satisfy your expectations!! This is very surprising to me as they usually earn very great feedback. I am most definitely investigating your experience and situation!! Corrective action will be taken!!!

I do hope you will give us the opportunity to provide you with an excellent stay with us on your next visit to South Padre Island and prove to you we have improved ourselves and listened to you!

Reviewed April 15, 2018 via mobile

Room 10. Assigned parking space next to dumpster and fish cleaning station. Room is narrow, dark, stuffed with 2 beds and a futon. Small kitchenette is completely unequipped. No paper towels, cooking utensils or pans, no dishes or silverwear. Bring everything from home!
Small batheoom with only small sink, 1 skinny bar of soap, shower stall, no fan.
10 is under an apartment. We could hear people banging around all evening and morning.
The beds have only a fitted sheet and comforter. No top sheet or blanket. Small window unit air conditioner.
View of parking lot and dumpster out of small window in door. 3 block walk to beach.
Not worth the money!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karen L

Dear Karen,

We appreciate that you took the time to write your review and let us know about your experience with us! We most definitely welcome any and all feedback and are always looking for ways we can improve!! Thank you!

We originally opened in 1961 as the Sea Grape Motel and at that time were beachfront! (See the circa picture in the lobby with the dunes.......:-0). We are a Boutique hotel and grandfathered nowadays in the midst of a residential neighborhood. They built Gulf Blvd somewhere along the way!!?!! Lol!

I do believe the pictures of Room #10 accurately depict the accommodations? Please let us know if you think there is something misleading and we will correct and improve?

Yes you are correct that you have the choice to bring your own kitchen supplies or rent a kitchen kit from us for $10/night. This arrangement works well with guests' budgets. This is described on our listing.

Our quiet hours are 10pm to 7am. It is most definitely unfortunate that you had someone staying above you that did not respect and observe this rule. As with apartments, townhomes, and condos, if folks are being unruly and disturbing the peace, you can call 911.

I am investigating the lack of proper bedding provided by housekeeping and this will be immediately rectified. The scenario you described is most definitely not our policy!

We hope you will give us the opportunity to prove ourselves and our value and stay with us again! Perhaps in one of our PoolSide Studio Garden Apartments (rooms 12-20 have no one above), or upstairs in one of the two condos?

Reviewed April 11, 2018 via mobile

My family have chosen this hotel for the past 5 years. I am sad to say this stay was our last stay at this hotel. The hotel is now run down and dirty. The furniture is falling apart and they had no cable tv. I have a autistic son that needed tv and they didn’t even tell us about the issue. When we ask for a refund they said they had to call the manager that lives in Florida. They said she didn’t like giving refunds. So they offered to get us a DVD player luckily I had movies-in my truck. Then about a hour past by and I didn’t get the DVD player so I went to front desk to see what was happening. He said they had noDVD players and that they would refund me 25 percent of our stay. This was only 3 hours to our stay. “ the weather was bad so we had nothing to do but stay in the room all day with a autistic child and no tv”. I took the refund went to dollar store and purchase a DVD player. It wasn’t compatible to tv. It was the worse night ever.

Yes this hotel has a front door access to pool and back door with a assign parking spot. But It is not worth the struggle. When I go on vacation I want to feel welcome and be able to enjoy my days.

Never never will we stay here again.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Happiness763670
South Beach I, Owner at South Beach Inn Boutique Beach Motel, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2018

Dear Guest,

We appreciate that you took the time to write your review! Thank you!! We welcome any and all feedback.

We also thank you for staying with us over the past five years. You will have noted many of the improvements we have been making over the past year. These include total painting of the exterior, newly granite finished pool, new astro turf pool deck, new pool decorative block wall, new pool and patio furniture, new beds, bedding, and linens. There is much more planned for the future!!

I was disappointed to hear of your experience during your last stay with us! The Hospitality Professional Team works very hard to assure guests' experiences are most relaxing and enjoyable!! I investigated and learned that unfortunately Time Warner Cable was experiencing a service outage on the island during your stay, probably due to the poor weather you mentioned. We do have complimentary BluRay and DVDs available for guests in the lobby, and we have two BluRay players available for guest rentals. The front desk staff was trying to make one of these available to you during the service outage, but another staff member had already given them to other guests. My apologies!!

I am happy to hear they discounted your stay to try and make it up to you!!

I do hope you will give us another chance and continue your tradition of staying with us during your trips to South Padre!! We will prove to you that we listened and improved and took your feedback to heart!! Thank you!

Reviewed February 25, 2018 via mobile

I rented the upstairs apartment from Friday until Monday morning purposely traveling solo with my dogs because the reviews said he'll pet friendly and accommodating this place was… I was in town for my father's memorial. I was late checking in at 9 PM on Friday night due to having car issues the morning of Friday, February 23 and had called them twice to let me know that I was running late for checking. The issue is not with check-in or how nice the front desk lady was, she even told me how pet friendly they were gave me places to take my pet. The problem is the next morning after my father's memorial I received a knock on the door from the front desk person saying "you need to leave or your dogs need to go!"
She proceeded to tell me that my dogs were barking all night long and that they were running in the street chasing people which is absolutely untrue. After a 6 Hour Drive from Houston I went to bed at 10:30 PM and the dogs were quiet in the room with me. Next morning I got up at 5 AM and took the dogs to the beach on a leash. When I returned it to the room they were tired and lay down on the floor with their peanut butter corn and I left to go to the memorial. She proceeded to tell me that there was complaints about how unruly unsafe my dogs were. SHe then told me that I could stay in the place if I would board my dogs!!
I told her I would leave and asked for a refund and she said there were no refunds available. My brother tried to talk to her to as well as my mom and she wouldn't budge.
After reading several of the other reviews I find that they do this all the time if you look back in the reviews apparently when you book on Booking.com and there's a 30 day cancellation they kick you out for ridiculous reasons so they can re-rent the place I found is absolutely unfair and ridiculous and he would like everybody to know about this place. I particularly rented the apartment because it has a patio which was shared by another couple. She told me that there was complaints about my dog being on the patio and when I asked her and my dog is not allowed on the patio she proceeded to tell me well yesterday a lot of the patio so I don't understand what the issue is? Here is a photo of my "unruly dogs ".

When I called the lady back and hour or so later to let her know that I have left she told me how badly she felt and that my dogs were not bad dogs and she was on the phone with the owner to try to get my money back. Needless to say by this point in time I was super upset missed my dad's memorial lunch and the entire process was upsetting and exhausting.

Michele stamos

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Michele S

Dear Michele,

Thank you for making the time to write your review! We welcome and appreciate any and all feedback!!

I am very saddened and disappointed you and your furry four-legged family members had this experience. What you describe does not sound in accordance with our pet-friendly motel. I want to reassure you in the fact the front desk person you had this experience with is no longer with our Hospitality Professional Team.

I hope you will give us a second chance and stay with us again so we can prove to you we listened and took corrective action!! Thank you!

Reviewed February 21, 2018 via mobile

The South Beach Inn is a Boutique Motel, as advertised! No frills, easy going, and about as relaxed as you can get. As are the other guests (some long term) that we interacted with. If you need a place with daily house keeping, 24 hour staff, and a 4 or 5 star Michelin rating, this is not the place for you. But if you are comfortable asking for amenities (toilet paper, clean towels, etc.) when you need them, emptying your trash bins when full, doing things for yourself (like you do at home), then you have found your SPI home!

The other guests at this motel match the personality of the property: easy going, laid back, down to earth. Like most people, if you don't talk to them they will assume you want your privacy and respect that. But open up to them, and they will do the same!

The staff and owners, everyone of them, were friendly, helpful, and a wealth of information about the area. Got a question? Ask!

We will stay here again on our next visit!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review! We appreciate muchly!!

Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay!! The Hospitality Professional Team is dedicated to making sure guests' experiences are most relaxing and enjoyable!!

See you on your next visit!

Joanna

PS- let them know at check-in you would like daily housekeeping and it will be arranged no worries! When guests stay for extended periods, we typically provide full housekeeping every 4-7 days, depending on their preferences.