“First Impression of Padre”
Review of PadreRitaGrill

PadreRitaGrill
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Seafood, Steaks and Burgers
Reviewed June 10, 2016 via mobile

Upon arriving to South Padre, this is the first restaurant we chose to have lunch. We sat outside on the patio. The patio is a street view but the weather was just cool enough & breezy to be comfortable. The staff was very friendly. My boyfriend had fried seafood platter & I had veggie tacos with grilled shrimp. We were both happy with our food. Drinks were cold. I can't think of a negative except perhaps the view but it was fine for observing the town & the food was good which is really the most important thing, right?

Reviewed May 30, 2016 via mobile

Raw meat and really bad service, first and last time coming here. They got our order wrong and tried to force us to take it but we said no . The guy was literally fighting with us to take the food we didn't order, we got our food but the meat was all raw. I really don't recommend this place and look at the reviews before you go somewhere .

Reviewed May 29, 2016 via mobile

Wife went for the buffet. I followed even though didn't want to. I can think of 4 better buffets on island but oh well should of followed my gut. Drinks were good. Will try menu next time.

Reviewed May 29, 2016

This restaurant was next door to our motel, and after 12 hours on the road we did not want to drive any farther. Their special was pan-seared Bay scallops, and it was wonderful. Live music was a treat. Wait staff and owner were all great. They found out that it was our 47th wedding anniversary, and everyone in the place came by. Waitress was very attentive and helpful.

Reviewed May 28, 2016

Me and my husband where looking for a place to have dinner on a Friday night right before me dorsal weekend . So we knew it was going to be a long wait at restaurants . We decided to drive thru and see what restaurant did not have a lot of vehicles . And sure enough there was padre Rita . As soon as we stepped in there was a stack of dirty plates in front form buffet . And we are greeted with a hostess asking of course how many?
I ask to take a look at buffet thinking it will be fast . . It looked like it had been there all day . From shrimp to spaghetti with Alfredo sauce . Yuk . So we sat outside and decided to order from menu. Typical menu from ribeye to quesadillas . I had the ribeye thinking they can't mess that up . Wrong ! It was just a bad experience . And the vibe of the whole place was weird . I kept remembering the scene from the movie from dusk till dawn . Could not wait to get out of there .

2  Thank alicia4212