“Location, Location, Location!”
other travellers have booked this property
King bed Redecorated bedroom
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
King bed
Redecorated bedroom
Wake to the Waves view from bedroom
Bedroom with TV
North view from balcony
Spacious bedroom
Bedroom
Redecorated bedroom with king bed
Dining room
Patio View
Beautiful sunrise !!
Romantic sunset from balcony
The grounds
Beautiful pool heated in the winter
Pool view from balcony walkway
Deck view with new patio furniture
Kitchen
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

jfabrazil
Brazil, Indiana
“Not what we expected”
Reviewed March 4, 2016 for a stay in January 2016

View was good, however this was blocked for most of the time by construction equipment and pipe. It would have been nice to know this before we arrived.
Condo itself was OK, needs some minor maintenance, cabinets were so full of pans and such that we had no where to put food.
Posting said washer dryer, we expected this in the condo but it is in a different building.
wi-fi was not good, you get signed on then dropped, then had to sign on again, then dropped.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
People with pets
Michelle...
“Location, Location, Location!”
Reviewed June 27, 2015 for a stay in June 2015

I recently spent a few days here, with my mother and 10 year old daughter. I had never been to SPI before and was looking for something close to the beach, a place where I would have easy and quick access, without having to lug around chairs for too long of a distance. Well I certainly found it at this condo! Great square footage, balcony overlooking the beach, nice and clean. And while not at the beach, my daughter and I enjoyed the heated pool. We will definitely be back.

Your age range 35-49
28 Jun 2015
I am so pleased that you had a wonderful time at my home. I look forward to having you as guests again!
Sully9821
Waxahachie, Texas
“Great stay and steps away from the beach”
Reviewed June 16, 2015 for a stay in June 2015
person found this review helpful

I researched plenty of condos and other places before we decided on this condo. We very happy and so glad we found this place. The condo is very well taken care and good beach decor. It has a full kitchen and stocked with glassware and even Tupperware. The bedroom has a very comfortable bed and connects to the patio. The views are great especially of the sunrise. The host has alos supplied beach chairs and some toys for the kiddos. You are only a few steps away from the beach and we enjoyed afternoon and night out there. So relaxing and the neighbors weren't loud at all. There is also wifi for the condo. Parking was decent and close by also. You are at the northern end of the Island but the whole island is easy to get to within 15 min or less. For groceries I suggest stopping by the Blue Marlin which is just south of this location. Overall a great relaxing stay and the host is very helpful and always responded quickly to my emails. We will be staying here again.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The patio with the view
Liked least: Nothing worth mentioning
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
17 Jun 2015
Thank you so much for your lovely review and wonderful comments. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and can't wait to have you as guests again!
TexasTrav...
Ft. Worth, Texas USA
“On a scale of.........”
Reviewed July 25, 2014 for a stay in July 2014

My wife and I needed some time at the beach...after searching the internet for weeks, we settled on 'Wake to the Waves".....On a scale of 1-10, we rated the condo and furnishings a 6 or 7!! Some updating would be good. On a scale of 1-10 , the location, view and ambiance was a BIG 10!!! Probably THE best location on SBI in our opinion!! Quick response from agent/owner in scheduling....and solid and timely response in refund of deposit!!! We will stay there again!!!!

Tina R
Greeley, Colorado
“Best place to stay!!!”
Reviewed June 22, 2014 for a stay in June 2014
person found this review helpful

We had a wonderful time staying here! It was very convenient to everything and was well maintained and well equipped! We had an amazing view!!! We had everything we could have possibly needed! Very comfortable!! Can't says enough about how wonderful our stay was!!! Thank you!!!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
1 Jul 2014
I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and appreciated the amazing views! It is why I fell in love with South Padre and the condo. I hope that you will return again in the near future and continue to see all the updates/improvements that I make at least every 6 months if not more often.
Ly762014
Austin, Texas
“Great Place!”
Reviewed June 20, 2014 for a stay in June 2014

I stayed here with 2 kids and it was great! The Ocean view was just what I was looking for. It was great to sit on the nice patio and eat breakfast,etc. Also, we were able to watch the fireworks both nights right from our balcony-- added Bonus! Everything you need (groceries, restaurants,etc) are close by. I thought it was a bit pricey, but its RIGHT on the beach so I guess you get what you pay for. The King size bed is great and the decor nice also. Would love to come back someday...maybe next year??

1 Jul 2014
Thank you for you lovely review. The fireworks and the view are spectacular and I'm so glad you enjoyed them as I always do when I'm on the island. I hope you will visit us again in the near future.
lardo5150
St. Louis
“Good Location with Issues”
Reviewed May 28, 2014 for a stay in May 2014
person found this review helpful

The location of this condo is excellent. It is 2nd floor, all the way at the end. You are oceanfront and it was nice to wake up to that.
Everything in the condo worked, plenty of towels, etc.

The place needs updating badly. The patio door was taped shut in the bedroom. You could barely get the patio door in the living room open due to the door being rusted off the rail.
The place was clean, but like I said needs updating. You could hear the tile on the floor make popping sounds from there being space under the tile.

The door handle broke on our second to last day. We were stuck outside with a 1yr old and a 4yr old autistic child. The Tiki management at first was reluctant to help us, but sent maintenance up. The maintenance guy did not know how to fix the digital key lock on the door, but I mentioned I left the patio door unlocked. He got a ladder for us and I was able to get inside only to find out it was the door knob and not the lock. The door would not open so now my wife was stuck outside with the two kids, who at this point were screaming. At this point the maintenance guy went to get some tools or something. The Tiki management called me again and stated they no longer can help and we need to call the owner. My wife called the owner, but no one answered. She called the emergency number, and the lady said she would try and contact the owner. At this point I was able to take the broken door handle off by unscrewing it with scissors. The maintenance guy came back and stated that since he knew the owner, he would throw a new door handle on there.
The emergency contact person never got in touch with the owner, as far as we know, and we never received a call or email from the owner. Nothing.

We liked South padre, and have decided since we moved to Dallas, we will make this an annual family trip, maybe multiple times a year.

I gave this place 3 stars because of the door handle issue and not hearing from the owner regarding it (something like hey, sorry this happened would have been just fine).
I am not giving it two, because if it was not for this door handle thing, the place would have been satisfactory for what we were looking for, and I would have given it 4 stars, and returned to this specific condo due to price, location, etc.

I believe this case was not of the norm and feel other families may enjoy this condo.

Quick note, our boxer was allowed to come with us and stay, which is a huge plus for this property. Thank you for that.

Liked best: Location
Liked least: Service
Friends getaway People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing