Royale Beach and Tennis Club
La Copa Inn Beach Hotel(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
US$115
Super 8 South Padre Island(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$102
La Quinta Inn & Suites South Padre Island Beach(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
US$140
Comfort Suites(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$95
ComfortSuites
Hilton Garden Inn South Padre Island(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
US$155
US$144
US$76
Pearl South Padre(South Padre Island)
US$229
US$179
Official Hotel
Schlitterbahn Beach Resort(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
US$177
US$167
Travelocity
US$98
All reviewspools and hot tubstennis courtswasher and dryerspring breakprivate accesstwo bedroom condopaper towelsbring your owntop floorislandbeachmicrowavegulfsurfjacuzzi
Reviewed June 27, 2009

My husband and I went to South Padre Island on vacation in Feb. I booked this resort as an RCI exchange. So far most of our exchange experiences have been very good. Well, this one was a huge disappointment. The studio that we were given was dirty, and the furniture and decor were very outdated (1950's?). We asked for another room or an upgrade (which we offered to pay for) and were told that there was nothing else available. On a positive note the grounds of the resort were lovely and very well manicured which was why I was so shocked at our accomodations. I can only hope that the other units are much better but I would not recommend this resort based on my personal experience.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Susan T
Reviewed May 11, 2009

I got in late from Harlingen this weekend from business and decided to stay in South Padre since its a short drive and I had never been. Unfortunately I was quite suprised that most of the hotels were booked except this one. I cannot comment on SAIDA towers because those are the condos and apparently are MUCH better taken care of than this dump of a hotel. There were only two rooms left and I opted to pay $175 for a "one bedroom condo type room". I was so tired I didnt inspect it and i went up to the room after paying the cash rate. Much to my dismay the looks were VERY deceiving!! The room looks old and cheap. The sheetrock was damaged and the management had used oversized curtains to cover it. The bathroom fixtures were old and looked dirty. There was nasty looking grout all over the place and the tiles were discolored. The bed was HARD as hell and the pillows were very cheap and uncomfortable. These people didnt even use fitted bedsheets so the bottom sheet kept coming off to expose the matteress. The other sheets smelled funny and were yellowed as well. The kitchen was decent, however, no ice machines or vending of any type is provided. Finally the actual floor of the place looked dingy and I found not ONE but TWO dead small cockroaches in the bedroom. As far as security of the place good luck, the security latch on the front door was broken so the housekeeper walked in on me while I was sleeping and the door also the handle of the bedroom came off in my hand!! OVERALL this place is pure trash and I could probably have found better accomodations at a motel six or even an hourly motel...STAY AWAY if you want to have a decent stay at Padre. I will say the only quality this hotel had was the view which wasnt even a full ocean view...

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled solo
4  Thank commercialbrokerage
Reviewed April 18, 2009

Stayed in a 1 bedroom 4/12 - 4/17. Didn't find anything extrordinary about it, but it was fairly clean and in a good location. Staff were polite and accommodating. Grounds and pools were well kept and easy beach access. Found the room layout to be awkward for large parties. All bathrooms are located in the private bedroom areas -- whoever gets stuck on the living room sofa bed has to interupt the private bedroom(s) to get access to the bathroom(s). Wireless internet connection was only available in the lobby which wasn't very convenient/user friendly.

If you like over priced/over cooked seafood check out Coconuts Bar & Grill. Cap'n Rays or Amberjacks. If you like good / reasonablly priced seafood, check out Daddy's Cajun Kitchen, Dirty Al's or Louie's Backyard. Louie's has an all you can eat buffet to die for -- shrimp, fish, crab, prime rib, spare ribs, etc for about $19.00,

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank djohns
Reviewed February 24, 2009

This was our first visit to this resort and we were not pleased to say the least. We booked our rooms (two bedrooms with a full kitchen) in April of 2008 and received a written confirmation by mail. Upon checking in February 15, 2009 were told that they did not have any two bedroom units available due to renovation and that the manager said we could go next door to the Isla Grand Resort until Wednesday when the Royale had rooms available. We were informed that the Royale would reimburse us for the stay at the Isla Grand. We asked to speak to the manager and were told that she left at 3:00pm. After much discussion we finally got in writing that the Royale would reimburse us for the Isla Grand stay. While staying at the Isla Grand, we spoke with two other groups who had the same experience with the Royale. On Wednesday, we went back to the Royale to check on our rooms and were told that they still did not have two bedroom units available, this time the reason was they were overbooked. We spoke with the manager who offered us an efficiency unit. We asked to look at the efficiency prior to accepting and found that it had a horrible smell and was very dull and dirty. We declined the unit and found lodging elsewhere.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank TuckerSouthBend_IN
Reviewed June 5, 2008

We stayed in South Padre from May 17th to the 21st. Perfect time for family vacations because it is well after the "spring break" time. Weather was beautiful the entire time we were there.

Went to the waterpark one day and had a good time. You can bring your own food and drinks in. Very nice!

Beach was nice. Had umbrellas and chairs you can rent for the entire day. $30 for umbrella and 2 chairs.

If you are a seashell seeker go to the end of the island where there are no developments yet. Tons of them there.

We stayed at Saida Towers. Very nice. People were very nice. Was in a good location to walk to a lot of places instead of driving.

2  Thank beachbabe73