This resort was exactly what we were looking for. We were carrying our lab with us so our choices on the island were limited. La Quinta wanted $250 a night which is ridiculous so I started doing research and choose here.
The room was ready when we arrived a couple minutes before checkin so that was a bonus. The room was exactly as pictured on the website besides the TV. The TV's here are about 19 inches and very old, we had to go somewhere to watch the Women's World Cup final, which was fine. The staff was very friendly and helpful, they even brought us a bottle of champaign for our anniversary. The beach access is great and very close. The restraunt was also good and the bar tender was very friendly, you can get a good view of the ocean while dining if you get there soon enough to enjoy happy hour. I would recommend this hotel for couples in their late 20's on. This is not a party spot and was quiet and relaxing with several older couples and small families. The pool is a bit small but the beach is so close it really doesn't make a difference. We will be returning soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located on the white sand beaches of South Padre Island, The Palms Resort is a relaxing oasis boasting beach front access, stylish, comfortable accommodations, and friendly, attentive service. Our resort offers guests the personal service of an intimate boutique hotel with the modern amenities of larger business hotels. Our award winning beachside retaurant (The Cafe on the Beach) is open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Start your day with Eggs Benedict and a mimosa. End your day with steak and lobster and a fine wine. Enjoy mojitos poolside from our full service bar! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity.ca so you can book your The Palms Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palms Hotel South Padre Island
- Palms Hotel South Padre Island
- Palms South Padre Island
- The Palms Resort South Padre Island, Texas