All reviews minute walk would stay here again spring break nice room ocean view island beach padre spi
Reviewed July 31, 2016 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel this past weekend and were pleasantly surprised how nice the accommodations were. From our room we could actually see the ocean. Not only that it was clean and modern with free wi-fi. The shower has a great shower head on it and the king size bed was extremely comfortable. We also enjoyed the free breakfast and the view was from our room was wonderful. Staff was very friendly. The hotel has free parking and it's close to everything. Traffic wasn't an issue and when we went to the pool on a Saturday we were the only ones there except for a couple kids. Very very nice. I highly recommend this hotel. We will stay here again if we come back to SP.

Our friends stayed down the street at The Pearl hotel and we had a chance to see their room. Our room was 10x better and at half the cost. Score!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kimberly G
jaimeibarra83, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites- South Padre Island, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2016

Reviewed July 29, 2016 via mobile

I was impressed by the staff at the entrance greeted with smiles welcoming my family on our vacation. The staff helped us with picking some great restaurants for the evening. The room was exactly what we needed and the pool was nice as well. The only bad thing was the size of the pool towels was like a hair towel. The elevator needs to be fixed it takes forever and only one running but everything else was perfect!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
jaimeibarra83, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites- South Padre Island, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2016

Sincerely

Management

Reviewed July 29, 2016 via mobile

Nice hotel & close to the beach. The service was great for the price. The room was clean & great size. Staff was nice & helpful. The check out process was a little unfriendly to me. The receipt was slipped under my door for what was charged. Call me old fashioned but I like to check out at the front & talk to someone.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. Express checkout was made for the convenience of our guest but we're always avaliable for a face to face check out and a good fair well Wishes .We hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed July 27, 2016

Perhaps I am just spoiled. Unfortunately, I am travelling much these days. I spend of my nights in Marriott properties, not the high end stuff, but Fairfield Inns, Courtyards and Residence Inns. No matter, they are always clean with very good professional service.

This hotel is an example of why I shy away from Holiday Inn properties; they are hit and miss. This hotel is a miss.

The cons are:
The internet is painfully slow. Even though it says I have full bars, the network is constantly dropping me and the supposed "high speed" is too slow to register on my speed test app.
I had "clean" towels that were dirty with long hair from a previous guest. The same long hair appeared to be cleaned from a brush and was lying on the floor. I purposely left some wrappers on the seat of a chair and it was still there the following day. I did the same the following day with some powder on the table. It also was not cleaned.
No closet. I hate that. I have to hang my cloths in the open as I walk in the door, yet it is not for lack of room (see pros below.)
The location. South Padre Island in July may not be hell, but you can certainly feel it from here. This, of course, is not the hotel's fault, but it not a place I want to come back to.
Fitness room has an elliptical machine with is fair (it works) and two treadmills, one is out of service the other you need a key from the front desk to use.

Pros:
The room is spacious with typical appointments of mini-frig, microwave, Keurig coffee pot and mini bar sink. Points off for no closet though, as mentioned above.
The bed and pillows are decent.
Plenty of electrical outlets for device chargers.
Decent breakfast buffet (but I don't eat breakfast, so maybe it is not.)
Rudy at the front desk is friendly enough and helpful.

Overall, I give this a 2+ but not quite a 3-.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
jaimeibarra83, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites- South Padre Island, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2016

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for the inconveniences you faced during your stay, as that is not up to our normal standards. We will share your feedback with our staff and make the necessary changes. We hope you choose to stay with us again, so we can show you our true level of service.

Reviewed July 27, 2016 via mobile

This hotel smelled like mildew throughout the entire place. Seemed clean enough until you looked closely at the bathroom. Breakfast was horrible. There were very few items to choose from and the milk was sour.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
jaimeibarra83, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites- South Padre Island, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2016