See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed March 6, 2018

Very dirty place! And not all all like the pictures depicted. Carpets were sticky and dirty, had to wear shoes at all times. Walls dirty, bathroom sing had tons of old moldy water I had to use my toothbrush to clean it so I was not grossed out! I also had to borrow a broom to sweep and to clean spider webs, and dust off the bathroom vent and the ceiling fan. My asthma and allergies were highly aggravated from the minute I walked in.the love seat/hide a bed, had a piece of plywood nailed to it so I can assume the was no bed to be made there, and I booked for two adults one teen and one toddler so the extra bed would have been fantastic. Fridge was off so we had to turn it on, there were also remnants of party banners on the walls. The Windows I also had to clean as I could not see clearly out the window to watch the kids play in the pool. And worst of all the room reeked of strong cigarette and a wet smell.
I found out they don't clean every day, and if I asked for stuff and supplies the housekeepers that spoke very little English, they gave them to us no problem. But the janitor was another question, always looked mad to me, even when I went out of my way to say good morning to him, I later found out he didn't speak any English! No wonder but he still seemed mad/ bitter and kind of scary but kept busy,
They also put so much chlorine in the pool and hot tub, that our eyes were on fire! Not to mention that any dark clothes or swimwear came home completely faded!
Breakfast, what breakfast? Waffles, and cereal, with coffee and oj, that's it.
Owners live on site on the third floor but really do nothing and I never saw anyone inspect the Rooms after cleaning, and I used to work in a motel and this was a must for the head housekeeper!
It was nice at one time but needs some seriously deep cleaning, and some TLC, otherwise it was just not too good plus it's at the end of the strip too.
Last complaint, I saw the night manager on two occasions drinking alcohol in the rooms with the guests! Unprofessional in my opinion!

Room tip: Don't book here unless you want to clean first!
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Anna R
Reviewed January 22, 2018

We are staying at Casa Bella right now. The owner should be ashamed of himself. When we first checked in to our suite, we noticed the faded bedspreads, the blood stains and snot stains on the bathroom door and the walls. The toilet didn't work well. The balcony had cigarette butts on it and desperately needed sweeping. The next morning I asked for a broom; instead we were moved to a "Deluxe" suite. At least here, the toilet works. The view from the balcony is here, but the coffee table is breaking, there are huge stains and stuff glued to the carpet all over the room; heavy coat of dust on the carpets next to the walls, and lots of old food piled up there. The furniture was warped from water damage; every time my husband opens the door, small pieces of sawdust fall out all over the floor. The drawers are also water damaged and one seems to have a large hole just barely covered by paper. About 8 p.m. all the lights on the property, so bring a flashlight if you don't want to slip on the constantly-wet, dirty sidewalk or trip over the curb. It was pitch black when we got here at 9 p.m. and when we mentioned that to staff, we were told that's the owner's policy. I am not at all a picky housekeeper nor do I demand perfection from a motel -- we travel a great deal so we look for clean but not luxurious motels. On the plus side, we have a better view from the balcony from the deluxe suite, which has a lovely inset, raised ceiling. The ceiling fan is so in need of cleaning that even the bottom of it is dirt-coated to the point that one is almost afraid to turn it on for what will fall. I have spent a couple of hours scrubbing the walls and cleaning the air conditioner so that we will have less dust blowing out all over us. The fabric chairs in the breakfast room are filthy. There is no coffee pot in the room, so you have to trek a long ways downstairs whenever you want some. They say there is 24/7 coffee, but they close the front desk about 8:00 p.m. The property needs to shut down for a few days, or close half of it at a time, and have a pressure cleaner come through for the outside and the sidewalks, and a steam cleaner for the rooms and desperate stain and gunk removal as well as cleaning of the carpets. There are BBQ grills, but they're old and rusted and you have to use charcoal and lighter fluid, which makes anything you cook taste like lighter fluid. We are senior citizens down here for a couple of weeks, and because the property has a balcony looking out over the bay and the pool area is reasonably clean and there are lovely trees and plants in the courtyard, I have thought about what it would take to make this place doable if we were to stay for a longer time. Bring our own linens, bedspreads, towels, scrubbing brushes, various cleaning products, table and chairs, storage cabinet for food, perhaps an extra dresser. [or make a trip to a thrift store on arrival to get some of those things.] Closet is a tiny insert in the wall -- so you might want to bring a hang-up rack or portable wardrobe type thing. There is space for additional storage, but nothing to store it in. Of course, bring microwaveable mugs because if you want hot water for tea or something after 8 p.m., the microwave is your only option. Breakfast includes NO protein, nor even biscuits or decent bread. We take our own bread and anything else we want to eat down to the 'breakfast room.' Yes, there are waffles if you only want carbs and sugar on a daily basis. Not even boiled eggs, cream cheese, peanut butter and fresh fruit as many continental breakfasts have. If you want to go into town to visit National Parks and State Parks, it adds another 10-15 minutes just to drive from here to the causeway. We have paid for the week and having already moved to another room after our first night here, we don't feel like packing up and moving again, and there would be no refund. The outside of the motel looks REALLY attractive as you drive by, but the interior and the balconies DESPERATELY need painting. [Although thorough cleaning would be a nice start.]2 The staff is friendly, but can't really do anything to ameliorate the sad filthiness of this place. With adequate care and a few changes -- make one of the hotel rooms into a sitting room or lobby where people could gather -- this would make a really nice place for Winter Texans. If you are just coming for the beach or to fish and don't care anything AT ALL about the condition of the hotel -- well, I was going to say it was okay, but it does make me wonder about the effect on anyone with allergies or asthma staying in one of these rooms. Repeat: If you like the location and are willing to do a thorough scrubbing and bring your own steam cleaner, supplies, etc., you could have a nice room here -- provided you also use your steam cleaner on the padded chairs in the dining room. If rooms rented for $15 a night it would be a fair price, but -- okay, I'll stop ranting. I took lots of pictures of many of the dirty spots in the room but I see others have posted such things before.

Room tip: Room 201 or 202 have nice balcony views of the bay, and on this side you don't get the sun in your eyes either in the morning or at sunset.
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2017

I booked this through Booking.com and assumed I would have at least 3 prior to cancel or change my reservation without penalty. This is NOT the case. I wanted to cancel the reservation within 30 minutes of making it. The managers wife said not way and was very rude about it. Booking tried unsuccessfully as well. Of course they had plenty of time to book my room again. Reluctantly, I paid the one night penalty ($100) and cancelled my stay.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2017

I did not like anything about this hotel, the pictures where nothing like the place in real time being there in person. The room was dirty and smelled of cigarette smoke the lighting poor. The staff was not helpful and disrespectful. I would never ever stay here again.

Room tip: Don't stay here.
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2017 via mobile

Went for a summer vacation, Family atmosphere, The place needs updated, staff is friendly, It's very busy but organised. The kids loved the pool and docks for fishing. Close to every thing. We stayed for a week and the staff made sure we were confortable with all of our supplies. We were close to the Beach as well. staff was very helpful and knowledgeable about island activities and local events.

Date of stay: July 2017