My husband, my son and his girlfriend and I made a reservation at the Suntide II condos after researching many other condos in the area. From what I read, and after talking to Aurora, the onsite manager on the phone, I decided this was the place for our Monday - Thursday beach vacation. When we checked in we were informed that starting on Weds at 10 am painters would be working on property. I was upset because nobody told me that when making the reservation. Guess what? On Tuesday (and not Wednesday) I was woken up at 8 am by drilling and hammering outside our window. Painters were preparing the walls, caulking, and drilling. We chose our condo because we liked the idea of having a ground floor condo and throughout the day not only did we hear all the drilling, etc but workers took over our patio, moved chairs away and worked on our patio all day. Our quiet and relaxed view became a dust cloud. The next day the workers moved to another unit, we got our patio back but no peace and quiet as they continued working. I complained several times and talked to Aurora, the onsite manager, which she was non responsive. She gave me $60 discount when I checked out and I feel she should have paid me for staying there. I planned my trip, save my money and was looking forward to escape the "rat race" of Dallas for some days of relaxation instead I felt I should have packed a hard hat instead of a swimming suit. I was mislead, I was lied because I was never told about the remodeling that would be taking place. If I had known, I would have never stayed there. The condo? Old but nice with the exception that the kitchen was bare, no necessities, like basics, salt, sugar, etc. Only pots and pans. I need to know who owns Suntide II so I can contact them direct. They should have scheduled maintenance renovation when the condos are empty or close down as many others do.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Suntide II Resort Condominiums is perfect for a Family Vacation, or Couples Getaway. Relax on the pristine beaches, take a sandcastle lesson, kiteboard, go on a dolphin tour, or just kick back at our heated outdoor pool w/jacuzzi and separate sun deck. All Suntide II Resort Condominiums have a panoramic unobstructed view of South Padre's Beaches from a large private balcony where you can enjoy your morning cup of coffee while watching the amazing sunrises! Suntide II 2BD/2BA, 3BD/2BA, 3BD/3BA Condos are tastefully decorated with fully-stocked Kitchens w/Breakfast Bar, Dining area, Living Area and are 30 yds from the most beautiful beach, the South Padre Island Gulf Coast. Our on-site Office Staff is available to make certain you have the BEST Beach Vacation ever! We also offer On-site Daily Linen/Towel exchange. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Suntide II Resort Condominiums reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Suntide Ii Resort Condominiums Hotel South Padre Island
- Suntide II Resort Condominiums South Padre Island, Texas