“Rude”
Review of Wheels on Padre

Wheels on Padre
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: At Wheels on Padre we have Bicycles, Scoot Coupes, and 4,6,8 seater Golf Karts for rent. Rent one for an hour or for the day! We are South Padre Island's friendliest Golf Cart Rental location. We have a plan to suit any need! IT'S FUN!!!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed July 30, 2018 via mobile

I bought the Groupon for a 2 hour rental. The email you get from Groupon tells you to call and make an appointment. When we called the lady says they no longer do that because "people don't show up". We went to the office 2 different times to get a cart and both times she told us there weren't any available. She was incredibly rude and did not care about trying to help. We luckily watched someone pull in to return their cart and asked if we could have it. The cart was in really bad condition and back fired continually. The lights didn't work and it was slow. I gave 2 stars because we did have fun and the Groupon was a good deal. We won't come back.

1  Thank Lacey W
in 4 reviews
"fun"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed June 10, 2018 via mobile

We purchased a 4 hr golf cart rental through Groupon. What a mistake! The lady at the rental counter was beyond rude. I have never experienced someone with such a lack of customer service or manners! The golf cart sputtered down the road. It was so slow that other people were passing us in their golf carts! The lights on the cart didn’t work, yet this cart is street legal and can be driven at night. If I could give this place negative stars I would give them a negative 10. Stay away!

6  Thank Todd R
Reviewed June 1, 2018 via mobile

I went on a Friday to redeem my Groupon for an hour golf cart rental. When I arrived the Blanca told me that she needed $300 cash deposit for me to use the cart. She said she wouldn’t take card because the machine was broken. Total scam. No deposit is required. Horrible service! Ruined my night. Scammer

4  Thank jenlena1127
Reviewed April 14, 2018 via mobile

I bought my coupon and showed it to the guy at the register. He then instructed some other guy to show my boyfriend and I the kart we were gonna be using. The guy went directly to the ones who were up at the front without saying a word (not the one that showed on the coupon) so we just assumed that they were hooking us up with better ones. Turned out, that at the end of our time they were overcharging us for using the karts we used. I told the man at the register that I showed him my coupon and the other guy took us directly to other karts. When the man at the register asked the guy if this was true, he looked at me and told him "they chose that one". It made me furious and I ended up talking to the owner on the phone just to get insulted and disrespected.

8  Thank Lily V
See more reviews
Reviewed April 2, 2018

I got a groupon before our visit and found this place. I always said I wanted to rent a golf cart and drive around so this trip we did. Our groupon was a super price but the prices here are not high anyway. We rented for two hours a 4 seater. It was alot of fun. Be careful on the main road as drivers don't see you and don't realize you have no handling manuverability. We saw some hilarious sights. Bring the tunes and blast them it gets everyone dancing. Golf cart worked great, people were really friendly and helpful definitely will rent again from them.

2  Thank Spary09