“Wedding Anniversary 2016”
Review of La Jaiba Seafood Restaurant - CLOSED

La Jaiba Seafood Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed June 3, 2016

This restaurant is now named Oyster Bar. I grew up eating at this seafood restaurant. They have a location in Brownsville Tx that my family and I would go eat at. It is still as delicious as I remember it growing up. I always get their fried shrimp it is so good even down to the side salad is the best I have ever tasted. I hope this SPI location will be here to stay. My husband and I try to come every year to SPI for our wedding anniversary. He says that the fried shrimp here has been the best he has ever tasted. I think we might have to make another trip to the Oyster Bar before we go back home. Thanks for bringing back old memories.

Reviewed March 9, 2016 via mobile

Went for lunch and was very welcoming, adorable space well decored, my order was absolutly delicious and well prepared, the staff was very friendly, will came back again

Reviewed December 13, 2015

We've been going to this restaurant since 1970 and love it for family dining. Mainly deep fried shrimp is my favorite and they have a captains feast plate that has a little of everything plus more.

Reviewed November 14, 2015 via mobile

Went here for lunch and order the sampler which was for $20. The sampler included a variety of shrimp, fish, and oysters. The deep fried oyster had a funky taste to it and their water tasted really funky. It wasn't as good as how all the other reviews had it.

Reviewed August 29, 2015 via mobile

This place reminds of the fish houses I used to go to with my Grandpa as a child. Really neat fisherman themed decor. The menu is fairly small, but I wasn't worried because that usually means they know what they are doing on the few items they have. The food wasn't bad, but it wasn't good. I had the crab cakes and the wife had boiled shrimp. Kinda what you would expect at a fish house in a small town far from the coast. BUT the prices are really cheap. If you have a large family on a budget, I highly recommend. If you are looking for amazing seafood, you might need to break out you wallet and try somewhere else.