“Not very clean, no elevator”

Days Inn & Suites - Sugarland/Stafford
Ranked #16 of 17 Hotels in Stafford
Reviewed 8 November 2011

This hotel has no elevator, but has two floors. That stinks for the vacation traveler with more luggage. The rooms and halls are not too clean, attention to detail is just not there. Location is great to area attractions, but you will not be comfortable here. The beds are very uncomfortable. It was an inexpensive room, but you truly get what you pay for here!!! The service is pretty poor too.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Ashley A, Manager at Days Inn & Suites - Sugarland/Stafford, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

On behalf of Days Inn & Suites I would like to apologizes your stay was not up to your standards. We are in the process of renovating our hotel. I really hope once the renovations are done you will give our hotel another shot for us to prove to you why you made the best choice by staying at our hotel.

Reviewed 6 September 2011

I was staying in Days Inn with my families for visiting Houston. The trip must be a happy and warm-gathering family trip outside of home, but it was all screwed up by the hotel. When we arrived after a long international flight, there was no any single room for us upon the clerk said the housekeeper were too busy to clean up. But it cant be a reason why we cant get room with our reservation. Then we found a bounch of cockroaches in the room, seems like we were in a roach-place. We called the front desk but the lady said she was afraid of cockroaches and asked us to wait until another room is available for us. She even refused to come and have a look. We asked the manager's name and number and wanted to get refund of the rest of days. but the same lady told us it is impossilbe to get money back because it is full-payment advanced. We are very disapponted about this hotel and shame who run this business. I have been working in the hotel for more than 10 years, this is my first time to be treated unrespectfully. I think they dont have any ideas of running a hotel business, they dont have proper system, proper training for the clerks even the managers. NO RECOMMEND IT. I dont care how little they charge, the days inn is nothing worthy of money.!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Kimmi M
Reviewed 26 August 2011

The Days Inn was at a convienient location outside of Houston. The check-in was easy and quick. We went to our room and upon inspection, we discovered some stains on the bedsheets. We called the front desk, and they sent a lady to take a look. We asked the lady for another room, and we were sent to a room down the hallway. The room had a strong air freshener smell, and appeared clean enough. However, when we took a look at the bathroom, we found an 1 inch baby cockroach crawling on the floor. We called the front desk again, and the same lady came up. She stepped on the cockroach and killed it, and we were moved to another room. At that room, we opened one of the drawers and we discovered something that appeared to be a cockroach eggsack, but we were not certain. However, we had had enough and we checked out and moved to another hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank ExcursionEnthusiast
Reviewed 23 August 2011

Very clean place.Staff is very friendly especially the guy that works during the night shift.Rooms are kept very clean.The only problem was that they didn't have a person to help with the luggage when we arrived, and there is not elevator to the second floor, so you have to carry it to your room.But for the price the place is very good .Very quiet.I would come back.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 March 2011

I have been traveling all over america for the last 10 years average 8 months out of each year. in my 10 years this was the worst stay I have ever had and can't wait to get out of here on sunday.First off I arrived about 2:10 pm and they didn't have me a room ready yet after a 12 hour drive.when I made reservations I asked for a room on the first floor because of the 3 suitcases,computer,totes for work and tools it would be easier,upon arrival the desk clerk said that would be a problem.I asked if I could cancel my reservations and I was gonna find something closer to Frito (the clerk told me it was approx 45 min ride there!!) wyndamrewards site map showed 24 min. I could cancel but was being charged for the whole week that I made reservations anyway..I filed my complaint with days inn 800 number.so now I have a room on the 2nd floor (no elevator to carry all my stuff up).Buissnes center has no printer/copier,scanner,fax machine. I asked who the manager of this property was and the cerk told me she was not allowed to tell me. I see why now they are probably tired of hearing complaints. nice neighborhood though so it's a crying shame I will never stay at a day inn again.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
5  Thank tcollard421
Reviewed 27 February 2011

Room keys would not work. Staff acted like they were inconvenienced because they had to go unlock our room.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank 000tamember000
Reviewed 12 November 2010

This place is awful. I have been staying for 4 days while looking for a new apt. And all I have got to say is TERRIBLE!!! They have a breakfast which is served very early morning, I have been late for 2 min and they said I am not allowed to touch anything!! People who are working there are very unprofessional. Also the bedsheets were not clean, which is GROSS. The air conditioner was leaking and did not work properly, as well as the window was broken. The door key did not work properly as well. Dont waste your time and money on this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank Daniil13
Ashley A, Manager at Days Inn & Suites - Sugarland/Stafford, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

On behalf of Days Inns & Suites I would like to apologizes that our hotel was not up to your satisfaction. We are in the process of renovating our hotel to fix the issues we have and to update our property. I hope you will reconsider and give our hotel another try and let us prove to you why Days Inn is a good choice to stay at.