“Nice hotel, small rooms, will stay at 4 star next time”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston Stafford Sugar Land
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Stafford
Reviewed 22 August 2011

I stayed 5 nights in the Homewood Suites in Stafford, TX. I typically stay in 4 star hotels on business trips, but there were no 4 stars in the immediate area. This is a relatively new property. There were some drawbacks that made me want to change hotels, but they were not big enough for the hassle of changing properties mid-trip.

Pros:
New property, clean rooms
Evening manager's reception with free beer & wine & food (I never recommend eating hotel food - beer OK)
Nice free breakfast
Pool and hot tub
Pappadeaux within walking distance

Cons:
Light staff - Long lines at front desk. I waited over 20 minutes to check in. I also had to pick up my laundry at the front desk, they do not deliver it to the room (I guess this is standard for 3 star hotels), gym was out of water.
Fitness Center was very small, hot and cramped. There are only 4 machines and only 3 worked properly. If you arrived at the wrong time, no workout.
Small guest rooms - I had a king non smoking guest room. There was only the bed and a desk. I like to have a chair/ ottoman in my room to relax after work.

It was not terrible, but I will stay somewhere nicer and drive 5 or 6 miles if I need to return.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
HWS_Stafford, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston Stafford Sugar Land, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2011

Thank you for your recent stay and review of the Homewood Suites by Hilton Stafford, TX. First I would like to apoligize for your delayed check in, as we do expect our desk agents to deliver a speedy yet welcoming check in process. Also, I would like to inform you that we are currently in the process of updating our fitness center. We have selected new workout machines that will inhance our guest's workout experiance. Again, thank you for your recent stay and I hope you may consider us on your next trip.

There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston Stafford Sugar Land

Reviewed 12 August 2011

Although this is an older Homewood Suites, the rooms were renovated and looked new, fresh and clean. The bed was very comfortable - plenty of hot water and great water pressure. The hotel provides a light dinner and breakfast included in the room rate. The dinner was hot dogs with chips - free beer and wine. Breakfast was also good. Quite a few restaurants near the hotel too. The breakfast attendant was on the ball and kept everything filled. This hotel, although in very close to the freeway, is in a very quiet area. Just a great overall experience at this hotel. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank bandit
HWS_Stafford, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston Stafford Sugar Land, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2011

Thank you for taking time to review your stay at our Homewood Suites by Hilton in Stafford. We are happy that you enjoyed our hotel and we would love to have you stay with us again!

Reviewed 6 August 2011

I've stayed at this hotel a number of times for business since the hotel opened. During my last stay I noticed several changes...rips in the wall paper, general dinginess throughout. Next time I will find new lodging.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Happy_Trails052

Thank you for taking time to review your stay at our Homewood Suites by Hilton in Stafford. I do apoligize that our property was not up to par with your needs. I ensure you that we are currently in the process of making repairs throughout the hotel and all of our common areas. The appearance of our property is extremely important not only to us but to our guest. Thank you again for your feedback and we hopefully look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 1 June 2011

This was the typical Homewood - clean, fresh, quiet, and helpful. We have allergies, so having operable windows is a big plus! We also run an air filter most of the time when windows are closed, so we really don't like having housekeeping come in. Whenever we left the do not disturb sign on the door past 11, front desk called and left us a message on the room phone to let us know that the maids would be available until 4. Very impressive service.

The pool was open in May, though it was chilly for the week (high in 70's - low 80's!!), and outside. The perfect size for a non-resort. :)

Whenever we used the provided food, we had no issues with it. I came down late one morning and one of the staff was very helpful and offered to get me something she had just put away.

When we go to Houston, this will be our home.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2010

I have spent time in some dumps but this is not one of them. The front desk is great with their service but that is where service ends. The rooms are clean and quiet, the beds comfortable and this is great. The only down side is the powdered egg and the lack of fresh fruit at breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 February 2010

I think the beds are not as comfortable as those at Hampton Inns. Excellent full breakfast. Beautiful separate bedroom with full kitchen and sofa and chairs in living room.

Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 October 2009

Stayed for one week at this hotel and found everything beyond my expectations. Very spacious, clean and new room. We had a one bed suite, where you can separate the two rooms (handy when you have a teenager who's jetlagged). The kitchen was very well equipped, even down to cleaning products that were replaced every day. Breakfast generous with different choices of hot food every day.
The complimentary "light dinner" as they call it (more than enough for us Europeans) was a very welcome addition as you didn't need to go out at night after having been out all day. Staff was very responsive when we had questions or requirements, as well as being friendly and always with a smile on their face.
In a nutshell, I'd wholeheartedly recommend staying at this hotel. The rate was also much better than anything I'd seen on internet in the vicinity. It was also very quiet and we were never disturbed by other people in neighbouring rooms, which is rare in hotels.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stafford
0.5 km away
0.7 km away
Home2 Suites by Hilton Houston Stafford
0.1 km away
Courtyard Houston Sugar Land

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston Stafford Sugar Land? Share your experiences!