“Incredible!”

Residence Inn Dallas Plano/The Colony
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in The Colony
Reviewed 12 July 2011

Quite possibly the best hotel I have ever visited! Clean rooms, professional staff, great location and reasonable rates. The attention to detail and condition of the property are second to none. There was literally nothing wrong with my stay and nowadays, that's saying a lot!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
dheinlein, Manager at Residence Inn Dallas Plano/The Colony, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2011

Thanks for the five star review! It's great to hear from you and know you found your stay flawless. Come back to visit us again soon!

Reviewed 17 June 2011

Nice finish, Great Staff . Very Very Clean. Could be in a TV commerical

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank worldtraveler21nj
Reviewed 30 May 2011

March 2011. I had not been to the Plano area for business for some time. During last visit I stayed at the Marriott Legacy Center (good stay) to be close to EDS/HP. Plano has grown imensley since my last tirp and I have to say I did get lost driving around as I did not recognize the place. This stay I wanted to be close to Frito Lay to attend an Analytics Workshop. I would say it was about 5-7 minute commute by car to Frito Lay. Check in was delayed by no room availability at the time, apparently they told me there were a lot guests there for a Frito Lay HR Labor Relations conference. So I drove to nearby Stonebriar mall for a bite to eat. Returning to this property my room was available. I received a fairly quiet room on one of the higher floors. This is new modern Residence Inn that is essentially a box facility. The furnishing are all contemporary but the room space is compact. My room was clean and the service folks did a good job of cleaning the room every evening. My bed was comfortable and everything in the room worked great. Great to have full size fridge and a microwave. There was penty of free parking. The FitnessCenter had modern equipment which worked well. Most days I had breakfast and lunch at nearby Frito Lay for my business. One day I did try the complimentary breakfast and it was so so. Most folks working in the property were friendly but some were not. Earlier in the week I stayed the Marriott Suties Market Center near Dallas those folks were more friendly and welcoming. This a Fairfield Inn next door. No places to eat nearby but if you have a car, then there are several nearby choices for quick bite to eat or you can go further to the Stonebriar Mall. The return drive to DFW was fairly quick. if you're in the Plano area visiting and your needs require a microwave and fridge, then I recommend this property if you can get a good value. I believe I paid around $110.00 per night and at that rate is was excellent value.

Room Tip: Room in the back of the property.
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank SeminarTrekker
Reviewed 21 May 2011

We stayed at this property two years ago. It was so wonderful that we wanted to stay here for our Spring Break. Upon arrival, they checked us in early, but when we got to our one bedroom suite, it was a handicap room. With a bathroom as big as the kitchen and no dressers for storage, we wanted another room. They said we might be able to move the next day. With three little kids and a bunch of stuff, at $170 a night, we decided we did not want to stay. They did not apologize. It was such a letdown. Call ahead if you have an arrival during the week to ensure that they won't place in a handicapped suite if you don't need one. The management acted as if this is completely acceptable. They never even offered us any concession for the possible inconvenience.

Room Tip: Call ahead...specify in reser...no handicap room
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank travlinmommy38
Reviewed 20 April 2011

My children and I stayed in this hotel for about three weeks while we waited to return to Japan. We had a two bedroom suite. Our rooms were clean and comfortable and had a full kitchen. The kids enjoyed going downstairs for breakfast every morning. We were greeted warmly by the staff every time we returned. The building and grounds are well maintained and feel safe.

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank aaaadventure
Reviewed 10 April 2011

My wife and I travel a lot. Recently we stayed for two nights at this hotel and it was the most pleasant experience from check-in to check-out. The staff was extremely friendly and the rooms were exceptionally clean and very tastefully decorated. Between 6PM and 8PM
hors d'oeuvre are served with wine and soft drinks and the breakfast in the morning had a huge variety of items. Definitely a 5 star experience for a 3 star price.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 April 2011

I travel to Dallas every week for work but brought my family along for spring break. I know the Plano / Frisco area well so wanted to stay somewhere with separate bedrooms. This hotel fit the bill.

The hotel was very clean, especially the rooms. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The beds were comfortable.

Its a new hotel (in the last year, I believe) so this helps!

The only negatives were the pool needed a good cleaning. Granted it was VERY windy when we were there and only in the 80s so maybe they don't clean it until it warms up.

I would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
dheinlein, Manager at Residence Inn Dallas Plano/The Colony, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2011

Dear Lucy,

Thanks very much for your review and recommendation. We’re glad you and your family enjoyed staying with us over spring break, and I apologize for the pool. I’d love to thank you for your review in person, so please do ask for me personally should you choose to stay with us again!

Best,

4.1 km away
Staybridge Suites Plano Frisco
4.9 km away
Homewood Suites by Hilton, Dallas-Frisco

Been to Residence Inn Dallas Plano/The Colony? Share your experiences!