Lowest prices for your stay
US$89
Free cancellation until 21-05-20
PricelineUS$83
Hotels.comUS$89
ZenHotels.comUS$101
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 10, 2019 via mobile

We chose Candlewood during our recent stay in The Woodlands based on the pretty good reviews. We left disappointed and won’t stay again. Among the numerous issues and areas needing improvement:
• room was musty and and also smelled of chemicals trying to cover up cigarette smoke.
• sofa pull out bed was completely unusable given the wear and tear of the mattress and the protrusion of bars and springs. Linens were likewise funky smelling.
• elevator is painfully slow. 5-10 minute wait every time we had to use it.
• Neither TV worked. We asked them to fix, but they didn’t.
• no breakfast (and all of the other similar hotels in the area gave breakfast).
• it seems most guests were construction workers which came with lots of big, loud trucks and lots of noisy, drunk men making noise all night long.

Worst of all, I requested an ADA room so my grandmother could safely and comfortably shower during our stay. They mixed up my request and assigned all the ADA rooms, which meant my grandmother wasn’t able to shower.

I do not recommend Candlewood Woodlands.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank MarkTex1
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Houston, The Woodlands, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2019

Hello MarkTex1,

Thank you for staying with us and for leaving a review. I am both sad and sorry to hear that the condition of the room, its furniture, and the room allocation negatively affected your overall satisfaction. This is not the experience we want our guests to have. I have forwarded your feedback to our hotel management to work on these points raised in your review to give you the best hotel experience in the future.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and hope you visit us again.

Best Regards,

John O

Reviewed March 21, 2019

Over Charged Me, booked for two nights and received my receipt for the two nights then on my credit card receipt charged me for a night two nights later. When calling the hotel to take care of it, keep getting put off that the manager is not there, gone in a meeting, etc. Called at 9:30 in the morning, not there, called at 3:45 already gone. Over charged and they don't want to do anything about it. Excuses Excuses, just want to keep my money. Check your credit cards if you have stayed here. Crooks! And Very BAD customer service!!! Manager never on the property!

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Donna_Bledsoe
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Houston, The Woodlands, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2019

Dear Donna_Bledsoe,

We appreciate you for sharing your review about your recent stay.

We are very sorry that you did not experience an exemplary hotel stay because of the level of service your have received. I apologize for any inconvenience you might have experienced. I have sent you a private message to reaffirm my apologies.

I very much hope that you will grant us the opportunity to prove ourselves again.

Best Regards,

Ben W.

Reviewed January 22, 2019

There was no record of my reservation when I arrived and the information I handed the receptionist didn't seem to change her mind any. However, after several minutes she somehow at least found my name on the system and offered me a different room type at the same price.
I was given the wifi password but soon found it to be one of those convoluted setups whereby you need to register with the hotel's parent company and/or provide some other private information. So, no internet...
The next morning, I decided to go downstairs for a bagel or toast only to find the elevator did not work and the hotel offers no breakfast of any sort (although I do think they have coffee).
With all that said, I give the hotel 3 stars for excellent location, reasonable price, and relative cleanliness.
*This could be a great hotel if they would only simplify the wifi and throw a box of doughnuts/ or cookies next to the coffee maker; a little bit goes a long in a customer's perception.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Houston, The Woodlands, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2019

Hi StanTheMan2020,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am sorry to read some issues you had with your check-in experience, Wi-Fi connectivity, and the elevator facility that prevented you from fully enjoying your stay. We aim to be able to support you in your journey to success and your comments value to us. I will definitely share this with the management to help us improve our services and to continue delivering a good stay experience.

While we understand your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we sincerely hope to get another chance to give you a better experience on your next visit to Houston.

Best,

Christian C.

Reviewed October 15, 2018 via mobile

My husband and spent the night while attending a nearby dinner concert at the Dosey Doe - great location, 5 minutes away - quiet and clean. The beds were comfortable and the internet worked well. I would stay her3 again.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 4, 2018

The manger and front desk have mastered lieing to people omg can they give me a frigen break, I believe there adults there and not kids that lie right. The hotel is a bit dirty but in a good location for Ironman, but beware of the tricks and deception of this hotel.

Date of stay: April 2018
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Houston, The Woodlands, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2018

Hello Rob L,

Thank you for leaving us your review and for making us a part of this visit to The Woodlands. We are grateful that you've chosen the Candlewood Suites.

As always, we wanted nothing more but to ensure your experience turn as positive as possible. I'm sorry that you were disappointed at how our staff responded to your concerns and the shortcomings with the room upkeep. I understand how this made you feel, Rob L. I'm sorry that this stay didn't go as perfectly as planned.

Don't worry, I took the necessary steps to ensure our management gets to read your post and be discussed amongst all concerned staff. We are always on the lookout for ways to make your experience memorable. Reviews such as this goes a long way in identifying areas where we can improve. I hope you also get a chance to read the message I dropped in your inbox to further talk about your review.

We may not have gotten off the right foot but I'm positive to make it better for your next stay. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us.

Best regards,