2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Marriott Hotels
Hotels.comUS$169
Expedia.comUS$169
eDreamsUS$169
FindHotelUS$169
All reviews ling ling within walking distance the room was nice restaurants and bars very nice hotel waterway mall conference lounge rates bellman texas
Selected filters
Reviewed February 27, 2021 via mobile

I stayed at this Marriot with my family in mid-February. This Marriot offers horrible service to its clients and then “covers it up” by blaming everything on COVID. The first thing you notice when you walk into your room is that it is barren. There is a mini-fridge but NOTHING inside. There is a coffee machine but no coffee. The list goes on and on. The worst part is that when I went to speak to the front desk their answer was “covid” as if some magical word exempts a hotel that charges you $150 a night from offering anything resembling decent service. I will not be staying at the Marriot during my next family or business trip and I suggest you don’t either.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Christie Hughes, Other at The Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2021

We are disappointed to hear you did not enjoy your stay at our hotel. We receive positive feedback from the majority of our guests and regret that your experience was less than satisfactory. Its is our goal to provide a clean and attractive facility. We do hope that you might reconsider staying with us again in the future so that we may have the opportunity to provide you with a stay that meets your expectations.

Reviewed February 25, 2021

We were without electricity or water at home due to the freeze so I decided to move my family to a hotel. Rooms were hard to come by but we were lucky enough to find a room here. This is a very nice hotel. Our room was clean and comfortable. We stayed on the 11th floor so we had a great view. The hotel restaurant has a limited menu due to COVID but the food and service is very good. If you are ever in the area I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Reviewed February 22, 2021

I consider myself to be a hotel snob so I have pretty high standards for my hotel requirements. I have stayed in all of the 4 star accomodations in the Woodlands previously and this is my favorite. The next best thing is the City Place which is also a Marriott property but this one has a hot tub. The staff was so welcoming and helpful, especially Ling Ling. I did not meet her until the second day I was there but that woman either really loves her job or is amazing at faking it. She was by far the most friendly hospitality staff member I have encountered through all of my travels. I also dealt with a wonderful younger African American gentleman on my checkout day whose name I didn't catch and he was lovely as well! The only drawback in my opinion is the outrageous $20 a day parking. The rooms were clean and it was very quiet and I have no other complaints! It was the first weekend in January and the weather was cold but the pool was the warmest I've ever found at a hotel, there was steam rolling off of it. As luck would have it, the grandmother of my best friend's (who I came to see) stepson had also booked a room at the same hotel and the kids had a blast swimming in the pool until it closed for the evening. The hot tub is spacious and was able to hold all of the adults as well as the kids who were in and out - lol.

I attempted to reach out to the hotel prior to my stay to see if it was possible to get a balcony room but was unsuccessful. I may try again on my next stay which I anticipate to be in the next couple of weeks! Last time we only stayed 2 days but this time I will be staying 5. This is my favorite hotel in the area and I intend to stay here any time I am needing accomodations in The Woodlands!

Room tip: There's a free trolley that stops at the back of the hotel periodically that goes to different stops around the surrounding area!
Date of stay: January 2021
Reviewed February 13, 2021

We checked into this hotel with the goal of having a relaxing getaway Valentines weekend. Unfortunately, the hotel booked a party room across from our room in the middle of a pandemic with anywhere from 30 to 50 people in the room. The majority of the party goers began arriving at 11pm, just when my wife and I were trying to go to bed. The noise coming from the party is constant with people coming and going. We complained to the front desk and got only a token warning given to the party goers. The hotel is not willing to accommodate our need for quiet and are condoning the gathering of people without proper masks and social distancing. This party is making a joke of the COVID signage throughout the hotel. We will never stay at this hotel ever again.

1  Thank Coco-Big
Fred Domenick, General Manager at The Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2021

Good Afternoon CoCo-Big,
Thank you for providing feedback regarding your stay. Upon further investigation we show we had everyone leave the room other than the registered guest when we were notified of the gathering. We certainly would never condone such an event and do not allow parties in our guest rooms. The warning issued was a final warning to the registered guest prior to eviction and there were no further complaints.
We certainly hope you will stay with us in the future.
Fred Domenick

Reviewed September 26, 2020 via mobile

Worst night stay in a hotel. My biggest fear came to life tonight. We were almost asleep when someone uses their key card and opens our room door. (We did have the bar flipped so they couldn’t get in) We screamed and they shut the door. We called down stairs 4 times before anyone would answer the phone. I give her our names and she said hang on I will have to call you back. After 10 minutes I call her back again and she tells me she’s with another guest and she’ll have to still call me back. Mind you this is now after midnight! She finally calls me back about waiting 37 minutes. My husband has finally went back to sleep at this point so it wakes him back up. And all she can tell me is she mixed up our names and checked someone else in our rooms we were already in. Worst customer service! She offered to give us free breakfast but we already have reservations for breakfast so she wave our $20 parking fee! We will never stay here again!!!!

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Christie Hughes, General Manager at The Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2020

Thank you for staying at The Woodlands Waterway Marriott. Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for the situation that occurred during your stay. I agree this should never happen and we will be following up with the appropriate hotel team member to ensure something like this does not occur in the future. I understand you have spoken with our Manager on Duty this morning, however if you would like to discuss further, please contact the hotel.