“Read the "fine print" on the menu”

Shogun Japanese Grill & Sushi Bar
Ranked #145 of 226 Restaurants in The Woodlands
Price range: US$10 - US$36
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Description: Shogun's healthy choice: NO MSG, NO Preservatives, NO Food Additives, Zero Trans Fat. USDA organic coconut oil, olive oil, and sunflower oil are available as alternative cooking oils upon request. Gluten Free Menu is available.
Reviewed 18 April 2017

My girlfriend is allergic to shellfish so she's very careful of what she orders. Most of the time she orders chicken-based dish. This time is no exception. She ordered chicken teriyaki. Imagine the surprise when they brought it out with one piece of shrimp on it. When we talked to the manager (or owner) she was not friendly at all. She told us they always put a shrimp on it and that it says on the menu. I looked at the menu and the item simply says "Chicken Teriyaki"...and a small fine print on the top of the teriyaki dishes that it comes with a shrimp. If they're going to put a shrimp on it the menu item should state "Chicken and a shrimp Teriyaki" instead. I've worked in a four-star Japanese restaurant in Las Vegas, I travel 250+ nights a year so I eat out virtually every day. This is a first time I found a chicken dish with an obligatory one piece of shrimp on top of the dish. And the woman was not friendly at all. She obviously doesn't understand that as a food server they need to be very careful about people with food allergies. And instead of being supportive, she was belligerent about how the menu "clearly" stated about the one piece of shrimp.
The food was okay (I'm not being snobby, I'm Japanese and I know Japanese food. It's same as Italian people knowing good Italian food). Needless to say because of the "service" or lack of, I'm not going back there again.

Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

My go to sushi bar. A true gem in the rough. Teppan bar is off the hook good. To bad they go through a lot of servers there. That is hit or miss. But still a good solid place to go.

Reviewed 1 September 2016 via mobile

My friends and I eat there weekly..
Quality of food is always good....You can watch them cook for you which is fun for family and groups but
We prefer dinning at a table...
❤️

Reviewed 7 November 2015 via mobile

Visiting from Florida and met our son and his family for sushi. We have visited Shogun's before moving away from the area and always enjoyed dining here. We had the best service and food ever. We opted out of the hibachi for the evening. Our waitress, although very busy was extremely attentive and the manager also helped in making sushi selections. We had the best evening, a must visit if you have never been. We look forward to returning before we head back to Florida.

Reviewed 26 October 2015

When my daughter comes home from college she wants sushi and we usually go here. We sat in the bar area and had vegetable tempura, the shaggy dog role, and the Houston rocket role. All of the food came out in a timely manner, was beautiful, and delicious. The manager made it a point to check on us and the waitress was outstanding. She checked on us routinely and gave me an opportunity to connect with my daughter without too many interruptions. We haven't been here in awhile but will definitely go back.